Our client specializes in pipeline construction heavy haul and has become the gold standard in the pipeline industry. They understand that expediency, knowledge of equipment, and timely communication is the name of the game and they provide value to their customers by performing these crucial services with competitive pricing. They have also been named #643 on Inc. 5000’s Fastest Growing Companies and #5 on The Houston Bushiness Journal’s Fastest Growing Companies List.
Flatbed/Heavy Haul Sales Executive
This role is responsible for directing sales efforts to expand our client's
customer base. This role will be responsible for generating new business and ensuring that sales targets are met or exceeded across all lines of business. This individual should be a motivated customer sales representative with experience and an entrepreneurial spirit.
Job Type: Full-time
- Locate clients who are using flatbeds to move their freight.
- Grow revenue and relationships with existing customer base.
- Generate leads through cold calling, networking and referrals.
- Utilize inside sales knowledge.
- Quote formal and spot bids.
- Negotiate contracts and rate agreements.
- Support carrier reps with the coordination of transportation freight in a cost-effective manner.
- Schedule pick-up and delivery appointment times.
- Communicate effectively with customers, shippers, and receivers regarding changes in pick-up/delivery and potential service failures.
- Ensure a high level of customer satisfaction- maintain close contact with all customers– including follow up on concerns or other issues.
- Communicate customer problems to management.
- Document issues with orders thoroughly.
- Pre-plan the use of carriers and equipment for optimal efficiency.
- Track/trace shipments when requested.
- Exceed all standards for prospecting calls, presentations, proposals and closes.
- Develop, execute and monitor strategic and tactical goals to maximize sales, profit and to ensure sales targets are met or exceeded.
- Provide documented activity reports of your sales efforts on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
- 1-2 years of sales experience focused in flatbed and/or heavy haul.
- Intermediate computer skills (Excel, Word).
- Excellent communication skills.
- Self-motivated and able to work well with minimal supervision or in a team environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
This position offers a competitive base salary plus commission.