Our client provides advantaged truckload, LTL and specialized transportation services with a focus on inbound logistics. They begin by working to understand their customer’s business to identify inefficiencies and quantify benefits. They leverage information flows to create advanced visibility, optimize freight, and proactively manage shipping schedules. Their web-based transportation management system simplifies life for their customers and their trading partners. Their experienced team supports customers’ daily operations to maximize supply chain efficiency, reliability and ease of use.
Flatbed Carrier Sales Specialist:
This individual is responsible for coordinating the successful movement of loads, as the customer requires by contracting and managing an outsourced network of transportation provider partners. This role will also track freight from beginning to end to ensure customer requirements are met by the selected transportation providers.
Job Type: Full-time
- Prioritize all available freight to efficiently and effectively cover all available customer loads.
- Strategically match available transportation provider equipment to every available customer load.
- Track all booked loads from the point the transportation provider is contracted through final delivery of the load.
- Collect, document and disseminate accurate information to/from transportation provider and Drivers and between internal departments.
- Manage transportation provider issues and resolve transportation provider operational problems including unplanned accessorial charges and accounting discrepancies.
- Negotiate rates with transportation providers to obtain the best possible rate in the marketplace for each load moved.
- Gather market information about the supply and demand of capacity in the marketplace to understand market conditions and lane rates.
- Serve as the liaison between the transportation provider and customer.
- Prospect transportation providers to further develop the carrier base.
- Collect and document all available equipment from transportation providers.
- Document all preferred lanes and services offered by transportation providers.
- Communicate new transportation provider opportunities to Customer Sales and Operations.
- Send rate confirmations to carriers that document all requirements and verify receipt.
- Identify and communicate ways the company can continuously improve in its operations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Transportation field is preferred.
- Previous Carrier Sales experience in a 3PL environment.
- Flatbed/OD/Steel-hauling experience is required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience working in a deadline driven environment.
- Entrepreneurial spirit.
- Ability to multitask and high attention to detail.
This position offers a competitive base salary plus bonus.