Our client is one of the fastest-growing logistics companies in the world, specializing in Freight and Finished Vehicle transportation, delivering thousands of units per month. Their core competency is addressing their customer’s shipping needs by matching available trucking capacity and meticulously facilitating every transport tender with the very best tech-enabled logistics execution.
Our client has undergone significant transformation over the last several years, due to its explosive growth. The Controller will be a new key role on the management team and will be a partner to the CFO and other department leaders. This individual will support decision making through accurate, timely and useful Accounting/Finance reporting and analysis. This individual will be responsible for leading and mentoring a team of 17 staff members. S/he will be charged with identifying and implementing improvements to processes, procedures, systems and internal controls to position the company for profitable and sustained future growth. Our client is seeking a Controller who enjoys working cross-functionally to creatively solve business challenges.
Job Type: Full Time
- Oversee and support the accounting team with dynamic leadership that creates an environment of trust and productivity. Team is comprised of 17 members including: AP/AR, 10 of which are offshore employees.
- Prepare and manage the month-end close process including reconciling all accounts, preparation of financial statements, analyzing the financial statements and variances, and ensuring the financial reporting is accurate and delivered on time. This includes monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements.
- Lead the efforts of reducing month-end close from 10 – 12 days, down to 7 days.
- Ensure financial statements are issued accurately in accordance with GAAP and agreed upon schedules.
- Review reconciliations prepared by accounting team on a monthly basis for accuracy, completeness and timeliness of resolution.
- Roll-up sleeves and dive into AP, AR, journal entries and billing issues to identify resolutions.
- Our client has recently established two branches in Europe, including a location in Poland and Amsterdam. Serve as a point-person to consolidate the financials and provide analysis.
- Develop, maintain, document and oversee the appropriate policies, procedures, and systems to assure that the company has proper accounting records and controls in place. Ensure the company has systems and overall business processes that will improve the effectiveness of the entire organization.
- Analyze trends in the business against identified metrics and KPIs in order to provide recommendations to cross-functional leadership team members.
- Banking: Prepare quarterly bank covenant calculations and support the CFO in managing the banking relationship.
- Manage outside audits, including tax to ensure timely reviews/audits/tax returns.
- Assist in implementing systems, processes, and software that automate internal accounting process and improve efficiencies. Including assisting with the completion of their current implementation of NetSuite.
- Bring new ideas, best practices and creative perspectives to the team to drive efficiencies, improvements and impacts to the bottom line.
- Serve as a partner to the CFO to help drive new initiatives and process improvements. Participate in pivotal decisions as they relate to strategic initiatives.
- 5+ years’ experience as a senior-level accounting manager
- Strong working knowledge of detailed financial data analysis
- Proven focus streamlining accounting processes
- Exemplary history of financial project management
- Working knowledge of federal, state, and local tax compliance regulations and reporting
- International experience (Canada or International), preferred
- NetSuite experience, ideal
- Ability to proficiently use various Microsoft Office applications, especially Microsoft Excel
- Evidence of being detail-oriented with a strong ability to think and communicate strategically
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to plan projects and lead teams effectively
- Team player and ability to be flexible, adaptable, and accommodating to employees at all levels
This position offers a competitive base salary.