Our client is a trusted partner to companies large and small for their local and regional shipments, driver and delivery vehicle outsourcing, and Less Than/Full truckload transportation needs. Their team has more than 20 years of logistics experience and is the shipping leader serving the Midwest: Illinois, Indiana, Wisconsin, Michigan, Iowa, Ohio, and Minnesota.
Final Mile Operations Manager
Our client is looking for an experienced Final Mile Operations Manager to organize and oversee the daily operations of the company. You will be the one to ensure that the business is well-coordinated and productive by managing its procedures and coaching its people.
The area of responsibility for this role is very wide and thus requires thorough knowledge of various company processes. The ideal candidate must be competent and able to plan a variety of operational activities. He/She must be an excellent leader who can discover the most efficient ways to run the business.
The goal is to provide exceptional customer services to clients and drive the company’s operations to facilitate superior performance and long-term success.
Job Type: Full-time
- Collaborate with sales team to transition opportunity to implementation.
- Recruit, Hire & Develop account managers that will embody the company’s customer-centric service mission.
- Identify opportunities to develop efficiencies to remain lean.
- Recruit, Hire & Develop a recruiter that will surface, onboard, and retain quality 1099’s that will embody our customer-centric service mission.
- Develop proficiencies in all technology systems, including but not limited to Xcelerator, Nextiva, Teams, and Text Request.
- Ensure payroll and commissions are processed accurately and timely each week.
- Employ incremental KPI’s for performance management measurement.
- Produce, post, and continually improve metrics that measure the quality of service.
- Ensure all SOP’s are kept current, accessible, and usable to all team members.
- Protect company profit margin through collaboration with sales, account managers and recruiting.
- Exceptional, transparent communication with all levels of leadership.
- First line of communication with top customers, particularly regarding customer exceptions.
- Conduct root cause analysis on failures and communicate findings and solutions with team and customer.
- Proven experience as an Operations Manager or equivalent position
- Transportation/logistics experience is a plus
- Excellent organizational and leadership abilities
- Outstanding communication and people skills
- Knowledge of industry’s legal rules and guidelines
- In-depth knowledge of diverse business functions and principles (e.g. supply chain, finance, customer service etc.)
- Working knowledge of data analysis and performance/operation metrics
- Proficiency with MS Office and various business software
This position offers a competitive base salary.
Related to: Freight, Freight Brokerage, Freight Delivery, Transportation Logistics, Logistics, Transportation, Transportation Brokerage, Trucking, Trucking Brokerage, Truckload Brokerage, Supply Chain, Supply Chain Solutions, 3PL, Third Party Logistics, Shipping, Non-Asset, Non-Asset Brokerage, OTR, ECommerce, Last Mile Shipping, Final Mile Shipping, Final Mile Delivery, Last Mile Delivery, Hot Shot, Courier, Customer service, client relationships, customer relationships, client growth, maintain clients, account maintenance, build relationships, grow clientele, grow business, RFP, RFQ, generate sales, freight operations, customer service, tracking, tracing, pricing, planning, driver dispatching, post-delivery, transactional freight, shipment, delivery, Manager, Management, Supervisor, Team Lead, Team Management, Middle Management