Our client represents the best in Customs Brokerage, International Freight Forwarding, NVOCC, and IAC services. They offer a full suite of fully integrated services focused entirely upon providing customized and consultative services to their clients, streamlining the shipping experience and reducing the costs of their clients’ supply chain.
This role will service new and existing customer base. This position will assure accuracy and completeness of quotes, services, documentation, and billing for export services. This role must be knowledgeable in NVOCC services, providing quote and operational services for both tank and container shipping opportunities. This position will establish and maintain new export business opportunities from both existing and new customer sources. And acquire necessary documentation and direction in a timely manner to serve customer needs. This role will also be responsible for arranging and tracking logistic services that assure accurate and timely handling of product by air/ocean carriers and customs, FMC and CFR regulations, IATA, and TSA Guidelines and will oversee and monitor the preparation of documents and assures complete/accurate files.
- Serve the customer needs and interact with all contacts, in a customer focused fashion at all times.
- Oversee/monitor/assist in the preparation of accurate customs export documents in a timely manner from source documents (checking for accuracy) taking responsibility for completeness, accuracy and timeliness of the transaction.
- Arrange shipping documentation, clearances, shipping mode, delivery, tracking, and notification.
- Assure that interaction regarding customs, air carriers, ocean carriers and domestic carriers is coordinated to arrange for handling of product from source to delivery.
- Communicate with exporter to assure that all information is accurate and timely,
- assuring compliance with requirements.
- Assure that complete and accurate files for documentation and compliance purposes are maintained.
- Assure that invoices are prepared and submitted with all appropriate charges, back up information/documentation and export package to customer in a timely manner.
- Respond to customer and/or agent inquiries in a timely manner. Provide timely shipment status updates to customer.
- Establish, maintain, and capitalize on export business opportunities.
- Obtain revenue goals in support of location and organization objectives.
- Make presentations and quotes to prospective and existing accounts to propose rate structure and service options.
- Maintain operational support for existing business and provide support for developing new business opportunities.
- Document/report all quotations and follow-up with clients and OISI management.
- Must present in a professional manner during interactions with clients. Employee will dress appropriately in a fashion that reflects the professional image of our client’s company’s services at all company/client related encounters.
- Work as a team member on other department processes and duties as assigned.
- Supports and actively complies with the security duties and responsibilities described in the C-TPAT Security Program and IACSSP document which was received and signed.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Previous export experience required.
- Must possess excellent business, negotiation and leadership abilities with excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Employee must have basic user knowledge of computer programs such as Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Employee must have or achieve through on-the-job training:
- Ocean and air freight industry information o Carrier selection (ocean, air and domestic)
- Knowledge to identify specialized cargo (hazardous, OOG, overweight)
- Inco terms
- NVOCC terminology and methods
- Container specifications
- Export documentation
- Letters of credit and other banking documents o Legalization requirements
- US Department of Commerce and State Department export licenses
- Other government agency requirements
- World Geography
This position offers a competitive base salary.
Related to: Freight Forwarding, International Freight, Domestic Freight, Air Freight, Ocean Freight, Domestic, International, International Shipping, Steamship, Logistics, Customs, Customs Brokerage, Import, Export, Air, Ocean, NVOCC, Air Export, Air Import, Global Export Shipment, Air Freight, Air Cargo, International, Customs, CTPAT, TSA, Ocean Export, Ocean Import, Global Export Shipment, Ocean Freight, Ocean Containers, International, Customs, CTPAT, freight operations, customer service, tracking, tracing, pricing, planning, driver dispatching, post-delivery, transactional freight, shipment, delivery, Independent Contributor, Team Player, Individual Contributor, IC