Our client is an asset based logistics provider founded in 1986. They provide freight transportation and logistics, outsource solutions, produce sourcing, and information services to customers through a network of their offices in North America and Asia. To meet their customers' freight needs, they provide access to their trucks and 66,000 transportation providers worldwide, including contract motor carriers, railroads, air freight carriers, and ocean carriers. They’ve built a strong reputation as an industry leader due to their performance-driven culture, and their proven track record of success.
Our client is looking for an Entry Writer to join their growing team.
Job Type: Full-time
- Classification of shipments and preparation of entry documentation A to Z (Classifying invoices, transmitting entries to CBP, and setting up delivery orders).
- Communicate with US Customs officials and other government agencies.
- Schedule pickups and deliveries.
- Prioritize shipments and follow up with carriers.
- Respond to internal and external customer requests.
- Enter shipment and billing data into operational systems.
- Assist with payment requests and customer billing as needed.
- Communicate with CBP, SSL, Terminals, Vendors, other Gov. agencies, and customers to resolve any clearance issues.
- Collaborate with the team to deliver outstanding service to our client’s customers while leveraging opportunities to grow their business.
- Perform other general office duties as needed.
- High school degree or GED equivalent.
- 3-5 years of customs entry-writing experience.
- Customs brokerage experience and awareness of the industry is a must.
- Knowledge of ACE, ISF and PGA requirements.
- Knowledge of ADD/CVD and FTAs.
- Computer literate (Excel and email usage are a must; experience with CargoWise a plus).
- High attention to detail and ability to prioritize and multitask.
- Ability to effectively communicate by phone and by email.
- Customer service oriented.
- Ability to process data quickly.
- Has confidence, is enthusiastic and has a positive attitude.
- Displays respectful gestures and courteous manners.
- Possesses a stable track record with past jobs.
- Dependable and reliable to be on the job and on time every day.
This position offers a competitive base salary.
Related to: Freight, Freight Brokerage, Freight Delivery, Transportation Logistics, Logistics, Transportation, Transportation Brokerage, Trucking, Trucking Brokerage, Truckload Brokerage, Supply Chain, Supply Chain Solutions, 3PL, Third Party Logistics, Shipping, Non-Asset, Non-Asset Brokerage, OTR, Air Export, Air Import, Global Export Shipment, Air Freight, Air Cargo, International, Customs, CTPAT, TSA, Freight Forwarding, International Freight, Domestic Freight, Air Freight, Ocean Freight, Domestic, International, International Shipping, Steamship, Logistics, Customs, Customs Brokerage, Import, Export, Air, Ocean, NVOCC, Ocean Export, Ocean Import, Global Export Shipment, Ocean Freight, Ocean Containers, International, Customs, CTPAT, Independent Contributor, Team Player, Individual Contributor, IC