Our client is a global freight forwarder that helps its customers grow by offering superior service, transparency and total visibility to your supply-chain. For more than 60 years, the German-based Freight Forwarder has relied on a hands on, old school Customer service approach to build a global network and trusted partnerships in nearly every industry, including automotive, consumer retail, food, healthcare, industrial. With Offices in Germany, Hong Kong, Guangzhou, as well as Chicago, IL, Clearwater, FL and Charleston, SC their growing team is ready to accept any challenge.
The Entry Writer is responsible for analyzing associated customs documentation and polices for regulatory compliance. Review and enforce goods classifications and associated tariff codes. Report customs regulations violations to appropriate agencies. Service clients and suppliers by providing top tier customer service.
- Ensure Import / Export Transactions comply with U.S. Government Regulations under Harmonized Tariff Schedule (HTSUS), Schedule B classifications and Export Control Classification Number (ECCN).
- Sound Knowledge of Harmonized Tariff Codes, OGA experience preferred.
- FDA and OGA filings.
- Tracking of inbound shipments with Shipping Lines/Airlines.
- Must have full understanding of LTL/TL carriers and Delivery Orders.
- Provide clientele with daily updates.
- Knowledge of ISF Filing.
- Recognize routine and non-routine transactions for elevating discrepancies.
- Negotiate rates with carriers and quote clients.
- 3+ years of Entry Writing experience with Customs Broker
- Experience with “raw” metals Import and FDA preferred
- Strong classification skills across a wide variety of commodities, strong ADD/CVD/FDA experience and excellent communication skills
- Energetic, motivated person who can handle fast pace industry with demanding clientele
- Detail-oriented and very organized
- Comprehensive and up-to-date knowledge of regulations of the following USG agencies: CBP, BIS, Census and other Government Agencies, Licensed Individual is a plus
- Non-Remote workplace
This position offers a competitive base salary.
Related to: Freight, Freight Brokerage, Freight Delivery, Transportation Logistics, Logistics, Transportation, Transportation Brokerage, Trucking, Trucking Brokerage, Truckload Brokerage, Supply Chain, Supply Chain Solutions, 3PL, Third Party Logistics, Shipping, Non-Asset, Non-Asset Brokerage, OTR, Air Export, Air Import, Global Export Shipment, Air Freight, Air Cargo, International, Customs, CTPAT, TSA, Freight Forwarding, International Freight, Domestic Freight, Air Freight, Ocean Freight, Domestic, International, International Shipping, Steamship, Logistics, Customs, Customs Brokerage, Import, Export, Air, Ocean, NVOCC, Ocean Export, Ocean Import, Global Export Shipment, Ocean Freight, Ocean Containers, International, Customs, CTPAT, LCB, Customs Clearance, Customs, Imports, Exports, Import/Export, Tariffs, International Shipments, Customs Transaction, freight operations, customer service, tracking, tracing, pricing, planning, driver dispatching, post-delivery, transactional freight, shipment, delivery, Independent Contributor, Team Player, Individual Contributor, IC