Our client offers reliable trucking and drayage services from our three locations; in Kansas City, Dallas and Amarillo, TX. They serve the Kansas City and Dallas rail yards, and the port of Houston. They also have a fully staffed cold storage warehousing facility available to their customers.
Drayage Terminal Manager
The Terminal Manager is responsible for leading safe operations while delivering high service performance of the terminal. This role manages all operational and administrative aspects of a terminal ensuring profit, increasing customer and driver base and maintaining terminal office and yard. This position is responsible to lead a team of Company Drivers and/or Owner Operators as well as terminal staff, in a fast-paced environment. This position reports to the Regional Manager.
Job Type: Full-time
- Market the company image and develop surrounding area by understanding geography, customers, and potential.
- Manage profitability through minimizing expenses and maximizing terminal revenue.
- Solicit new business, provide rate quotes and negotiate rates.
- Ensure on-time delivery of pick-ups/deliveries.
- Resolve issues pertaining to the major functions of the terminal (payroll, dispatch, safety, etc.).
- Supervise all associates within the terminal and ensure that they have all of the tools necessary to complete their given tasks.
- Ensure all drivers are compliant and up to date with all required DOT and company safety items.
- Effectively train all new hires on the position they will fill and the duties that come along with that position.
- Administrate the preventative maintenance plan on vehicles, and coordinate with outside repair facilities.
- Maintain good rapport with all customers and develop relationships with new customers.
- High school or equivalent preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of intermodal experience is required.
- Minimum of 3 years of management experience is required.
- Experience in the transportation, intermodal or logistics industry required.
- Demonstrated ability to identify, research, and resolve problems.
- Strong contacts within the industry to develop new business.
- Working knowledge of Excel.
- Profit Tools and Samsara software experience is a plus.
This position offers a competitive base salary.
Related to: KPI, Shipping, Receiving, P&L, Facility, Facility Management, Distribution, Fulfillment, Inventory, Inventory Control, Stocking, Product Shipment, WMS, Warehouse Operations, Shipper, Distributor, Storage, Dock Operations, Warehousing, Freight, Freight Delivery, Transportation Logistics, Logistics, Transportation, Trucking, Truckload, Supply Chain, Shipping, Asset, Asset Brokerage, Fleet, Terminal, OTR, Fleet, Dedicated, Owner-Operator, Dryvan, Dry Van, Box Trailer, Dry Goods Shipping, Non-Perishable Shipping, Container, Long Haul, Short Haul, Tractor Trailer, Intermodal, Drayage, Container Shipment, Container, Port Drayage, International Shipment, Port, Cargo, Rail, Domestic, KPI, Shipping, Receiving, P&L, Facility, Facility Management, Distribution, Fulfillment, Inventory, Inventory Control, Stocking, Product Shipment, WMS, Warehouse Operations, Shipper, Distributor, Storage, Dock Operations, Warehousing, SKU, EDI, freight operations, customer service, tracking, tracing, pricing, planning, driver dispatching, post-delivery, transactional freight, shipment, delivery, Manager, Management, Supervisor, Team Lead, Team Management, Middle Management