Our client provides logistics solutions to a wide range of customers. They started in New Zealand in 1978 with a few thousand dollars and one truck. Today they are a business with 260 branches globally and annual revenues exceeding $2B. Through grit and an entrepreneurial spirit, they have grown into a full supply chain provider with expertise in Air & Ocean forwarding, 3PL Warehousing, and LTL Transportation. The passion and energy of their people have, and will always be, the driving force behind their success.
Job Type: Full-time
Domestic Freight Forwarding Operations Manager
Reporting to the Branch Manager, this role’s primary focus will take ownership of customer experience and driving an environment of continuous improvement. This position will be responsible for vendor and carrier relationships as well as direct relationships with top customers in the branch. Our client’s goal is to ensure customer satisfaction and grow their business. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of commercial responsibility and process ownership. Our client would highly favor someone with domestic operations experience in a fast paced dynamic transportation/ supply chain environment. This role requires excellent communication skills and an ability to plan and organize your time effectively.
- Act as a key point of contact for our client’s customers.
- Take ownership of customers’ service experience while building strong relationships along the way.
- Supervise a team of employees.
- Route, monitor, and troubleshoot domestic transport shipments to maximize profitability while exceeding customer expectations.
- Assist in developing and implementing ideas that drive ongoing improvement, along with participating in virtual and face to face customer business reviews with support from the sales team.
- Possess a strong understanding of the fundamentals of domestic transport, preferably gained through experience in LTL transportation and/or domestic freight forwarding.
- Build and manage internal performance metrics.
- Develop and implement SOPs (Standard Operational Procedures).
- Work effectively as part of team and possess the ability to relate to a wide variety of people.
- Possess the confidence to roll with the punches and embrace a fast paced and ever-changing environment while keeping a smile on your face.
- Minimum of 5-7 years of industry-related experience.
- Previous domestic operations experience.
- Proven leadership and management experience with the ability to effectively supervise, coach, and mentor employees.
- A strong understanding of our client’s transport product and global supply chain network.
- A passion for our client’s business.
- A motivated and energized team player.
- Excellent organization, written and verbal communication skills.
- Someone not afraid to set the bar high and challenge the status quo.
- Professional conduct and presentation.
- Ability to develop and maximize value for our client’s customers, your team and your branch.
This position offers a competitive base salary.
Related to: Freight Forwarding, International Freight, Domestic Freight, Air Freight, Ocean Freight, Domestic, International, International Shipping, Steamship, Logistics, Customs, Customs Brokerage, Import, Export, Air, Ocean, NVOCC, P&L, KPI, SOP, freight operations,TL, Truckload, FTL, Full Truckload, carrier procurement, CRM, performance management, strategic growth, business strategy