Our client is one of the largest independent suppliers of tires to the replacement tire market. It operates more than 130 distribution centers, including 24 distribution centers in Canada, serving approximately 80,000 customers across the U.S. and Canada. Their company offers an unsurpassed breadth and depth of inventory, frequent delivery and value-added services to tire and automotive service customers. Our client employs more than 4,000 associates across its distribution center network, including approximately 600 associates in Canada. In 2021, the company was recognized as one of Forbes’ 2021 America's Best Mid-Sized Employers and received a Gold Stevie® Award in the Transportation Company of the Year category of the American Business Awards®, in addition to a Bronze Stevie® Award for Most Innovative Company of the Year.
Distribution Center Manager
The Distribution Center Manager "owns the building," overseeing all operational and administrative facets of the Distribution Center (DC) to ensure compliance with all Company guidelines, policies and federal and state regulations in order to protect the Company’s assets. The DC manager is accountable for delivering performance in each of the five Balanced Scorecard dimensions: safety, quality, delivery, cost, and people. The DC Manager develops and leads talent with the DC across the warehouse, delivery, and administrative departments. The DC Manager supports and leads rollout of our client’s SEAL program.
Job Type: Full-time
- Safety: Establishes and assures safe and compliant work environment with a target of minimizing the Total Case Incident Rate (TCIR).
- Quality: Conducts reviews and interventions to ensure the accuracy of physical inventory against virtual inventory customers see when placing orders, and efficiency of processing returned goods, with customers receiving credits in a timely manner.
- Delivery: Engages drivers and warehouse staff to ensure on-time and complete deliveries.
- Cost: Reviews and manages DC cost productivity, driving toward efficient labor and delivery costs per unit handled and delivered. Manage DC expenses to achieve monthly and annual budget/plan as assigned by the Company.
- People: Develop and lead talent within the DC. Plan, develop and implement people strategy in conjunction with Company for personnel management and development, including recruitment, selection, disciplinary procedures, grievances, counseling, pay and conditions, training and development, succession planning, morale and motivation, culture and attitudinal development and performance evaluations.
- Compliance: Ensure full compliance with OSHA, DOT, ADA and other governmental regulatory agencies while complying with Company policies concerning health and safety.
- Team leadership: Lead daily and weekly meetings with staff to identify and address issues and communicate messages and relevant changes from other parts of the Company.
- Reporting and tracking: Develop, update, and share regular reports of DC performance with key internal audiences. Develop and make available information on returns, delivery status, delivery issues, credit hold, and other admin activities.
- Inventory management and control: Serve as the on-site inventory control expert. Coordinate and oversee all inventory procedures and systems including Bin Location System, WMS, inventory receiving, shipping, transfers and physical count comparisons.
- Accounts receivable: Manage Accounts Receivable at the local level, including responsibility for collections, overnight charges, end of day reporting, and account reconciliation
- Education: Minimum high school graduate or GED; preferred Bachelor’s degree from 4-year college, or equivalent work experience
- Experience: Minimum 3-5 years distribution center or warehousing experience; preferred 5 years or greater o Experience leading people and managing high-performing teams preferred
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the company, in its discretion, may find appropriate and acceptable
This position offers a competitive base salary.
Related to:Shipper, Manufacturer, Distributor, Distribution, Fulfillment, Supply Chain, Supply Chain Operations, Distribution Center, Fulfillment Center, Warehouse, Logistics, Auto, Plant, Assembly, Manufacture, Build, Automation, Robotics, production, inventory, parts, supply chain, stamping, metals, General Industry Osha Standards, Staff Management, Line Management, Workload Planning, Movement Monitoring, Inventory Levels, Training, Receiving, Dock Operations, Inbound, Outbound, Value-Adding, Picking, Packing, Kitting Operations, SCRUM, Location Management, Reconciliation, Process Management, Process Improvement, SOP, Materials Control,Plant Safety, Staging Management, Manager, Management, Supervisor, Team Lead, Team Management, Middle Management