Director of Worldwide PC Production
City & State:
City of Industry, CA
Supply Chain, Shipper (Manufacturer or Distributor)
Our client is a rapidly growing company made up of gamers, builders and PC enthusiasts on a mission to create hardware, software, experiences, and services that surprise and delight gamers of all types. They are a team of creative, motivated and results-oriented people who love what they do and are dedicated to making it easy, fun and rewarding for their audience to play games. They are a founder-led organization that has not lost any of their entrepreneurial, scrappy roots. This is an exciting time to join the company as they are poised for significant global expansion and growth.
Director of Worldwide PC Production:
This is a critical position that reports directly to the COO. This global role leads and manages the Operations team, creates and implement operations plans that deliver against strategic goals and business objectives around the world. This position is responsible for developing the strategies, processes and procedures for how the systems will be built around the world. The ideal candidate is a skilled and experienced Production Operations leader with the ability to model and inspire a 'one mission, one team' mindset among each of the Production teams around the world. (Level of position dependent on qualifications and experience level of candidate)
- Demonstrate and nurture a spirit of employee engagement, open communication and continuous improvement; and drive an environment in which achievement, recognition, respect, and professionalism flourish.
- Define, develop, implement, streamline, and optimize production operations and distribution action plans to ensure the most efficient operations and maximum productivity.
- Standardize all best practices across all worldwide established and startup locations.
- Implement systems and automation to bring greater efficiency and scalability to operational tasks.
- Identify sustainable ways to reduce production and inventory costs without sacrificing on-time delivery of customer orders.
- Establish a robust cost reduction program and 5S program using Lean/6 Sigma tools.
- Assess and advance safety and quality standards and practices across all locations that meet each country’s safety and compliance regulations.
- Communicate any operational changes and limitations to leadership in a timely fashion in order to enable quick decision making by other departments.
- Develop tools, reports and communication cadence that foster effective collaboration across departments and vendors.
- Establish SLA and goals for fulfillment including speed, accuracy, processing time, and compliance.
- Develop and maintain policies and procedures that ensure supply chain integrity.
- Plan future product launches in close partnership with key stakeholders to appropriately forecast long term demand.
- Leverage strong analytical and negotiation skills to improve costs across the board.
- Liaise with suppliers and other external partners to ensure best practices worldwide.
- Direct Reports: Production Manager (US) + dotted line reports for all global Production Managers (who each report directly into a Country Manager for each region)
- Bachelor’s Degree+ in business administration or related field.
- Minimum 7+ years management level within a PC environment including responsibility and/or experience with/for production, supply chain, sourcing, inventory control, logistics, and directing the work of other managers.
- Experience with building startup production operations in different countries strongly preferred.
- Strong understanding of international, domestic and local shipping and customs laws and regulations.
- Working knowledge of relevant industry regulations and legislative guidelines.
- Proven track record for delivering operational excellence, lean processes and continuous improvement.
- Superior knowledge of multiple operational functions and principles including finance, customer service, production, and employee management.
- Ability to plan and manage a production-based operational process for maximum efficiency and productivity.
- Ability to streamline existing and implement new structures and roles that increase speed, improve efficiency and support rapidly shifting business demands.
- Skilled at managing and coaching team members for optimal performance.
- Excellent project management skills with the ability to effectively guide and juggle multiple high profile projects simultaneously as well as model and teach strong project management skills.
- Proven ability to come up with innovative solutions for increased productivity.
- Strong negotiation skills in both internal and external settings.
- Well-honed organizational, communication, leadership, and management skills.
- Working knowledge of data analysis and performance metrics using business management software.
This position offers a competitive base salary.
Related To: Shipper, Manufacturer, Distributor, Distribution, Fulfillment, Supply Chain, Supply Chain Operations, Distribution Center, Fulfillment Center, Warehouse, Logistics