Quality production, distribution and 24X7 customer support with a vertically integrated model to meet your Chloralkali requirements. Founded in 1998, our client has grown and expanded its Chloralkali production capabilities to include bulk and packaged Hydrochloric Acid, Caustic Soda, and Bleach at two state of the art facilities. Our client distributes these products through a network of strategic locations in Texas, Oklahoma, Colorado, North Dakota, West Virginia, Wyoming, and Pennsylvania. They are a best in class, last mile provider, with an emphasis on safety, and a variety of customized chemical and logistical solutions ranging from additive blending, frac tanks to onsite transport fulfillment. From semi-conductor manufacturers, oil-field service and E&P companies, municipal water treatment facilities, our client provides consistent, just in time solutions.
Job Type: Full-time
Director of Transportation & Terminal Operations (Hazmat)
The Director of Transportation & Terminal Operations (Hazmat) will be responsible for all asset transportation operations. This individual will work with other departmental and company leadership to identify, implement, and execute the strategies necessary to achieve the company's goals for the division, as well as responsible for developing policies, procedures and KPIs.
- Oversee KPI's for asset equipment utilization and optimization, terminal management, fleet safety and compliance and general route planning/dispatch for all OTR transportation.
- Partner with executive and senior leadership throughout the organization to design and develop operational strategies that support the organizational business needs and goals and drive the implementation of those strategies.
- Initiate improvement opportunities and lead teams to develop a plan of implementation to ensure the timely, efficient and low-cost services to customers.
- Provide and oversee the strategic direction for activities of asset equipment, the purchasing and selection process, asset maintenance, fleet safety and compliance and provide guidance and direction to ensure all equipment meets DOT regulations.
- Ensure the maintenance of corporate disciplines, company policies and procedures to create a productive, organized, clean, and safe environment.
- Research, identify and present ideas/suggestions that support cost reductions while assuring quality and on-time delivery that meet the customers’ needs.
- Make employment decisions and/or recommendations on hiring, improvement plans, transfers, promotions, corrective actions, performance reviews, terminations, pay adjustments, etc.
- Communicate company and departmental issues and goals and facilitate employee growth and development through weekly team meetings, regular individual employee meetings, coaching, training, and company-offered learning opportunities.
- Oversight and involvement with the following functions:
- Report, audit and manage all environmental needs and emergency responses for all facilities.
- Develop and maintain training programs, SOP's for all existing and new processes and procedures related to equipment upkeep and ongoing safety procedures.
- Possess knowledge of various technology platforms including PFM/PeopleNet, Comdata, Lee Trans and CarriersEdge.
- Provide direct and indirect management of transportation operations team (Compliance Generalist, Terminal Managers, all Drivers and Driver Trainers).
- Create developmental plans for all team members, incentive/reward programs, disciplinary action, terminal spend and budget
- Pending & New Terminal Sites
- Evaluate and identify potential site opportunities, site design and construction project management for pending and new terminal sites.
- Existing Terminal Sites
- Manage daily operations and audit needs of the facilities and support Terminal Managers with lease agreements, facility improvements, vendor relationships, site visits and incident support.
- Manage maintenance schedules, DOT compliance vendors and products, permitting, repairs and vendor management for new and used fleet procurement
- Regulatory & Compliance Safety
- Oversee OSHA reporting, emergency action plans and investigations including root cause analysis and corrective action plans.
- Provide direct oversight of Elog's, roadside inspections, post-accident testing, and mileage and fuel tracking.
- Be involved with the administration of all DOT Drug and Alcohol programs, wrongful violations, PHMSA audits and hazardous material registration.
- 10+ years of recent experience with a mid-to-large size Hazmat trucking company or asset-based Hazmat Tanker trucking (fleet size > 1000).
- 5+ years of experience in a management/ leadership role in a terminal operations.
- Experience with DOT regulations and safety requirements.
- Demonstrated leadership experience and managerial skill set to oversee diverse team of managers, drivers and operations support staff.
- Effective communication and presentation skills with all levels of the business, including drivers and senior leaders within the organization.
- Attention to detail and ability to interpret large sets of data and make decisions to impact growth.
- Experience with process improvement and fleet optimization.
This position offers a competitive base salary and company provided vehicle.