Director of Transportation Management Operations
City & State:
Non-Asset (Traditional Brokerage), Non-Asset (Complex Supply Chain Solutions), Managed Transportation
Our client owns and operates more than 2,000 tractor trailers, employs over 6,200 individuals, operates over 23 million square feet of contract and public warehouse and distribution space and generates $1B+ in revenue annually. They are a fully-integrated Supply Chain solutions provider, offering Logistics, Distribution, Transportation, Intermodal, Global Shipping, Real Estate and Packaging services across the United States.
Director of Transportation Management Operations:
The Director of Transportation Management Operations manages the highest level of operations on behalf of the Companys transportation management and their connecting customers. This leader will provide the day-to-day direction, oversight, and implementation of operations in an effort to deliver high-quality service and generate savings for each program.
- Assume responsibility for the day-to-day operations inside a large portfolio of accounts, including customer and carrier relations, and all internal operational functions.
- Lead the initiative to develop, manage and execute the Companys transportation management strategy among the three operating entities. Work to increase synergy between transportation management operations and the other organizations.
- Develop and implement new strategies, services and tactical business plans and ensure the necessary resources are in place to fulfill customers need and contract obligations from an operations perspective.
- Candidate must have an entrepreneurial mindset and posses the ability to effectively align with business groups to enable positive and stable business growth.
- Provide strong leadership to all functions of the business and build a service/customer oriented culture. Reinforce throughout the entire organization, the desire and commitment to the highest levels of customer service and achieve a high level of cost efficiency. Communicate and demonstrate this commitment to all customers.
- Evaluate current operational procedures and processes. Establish new procedures and implement improvements where required. Make sure all new procedures are implemented and adhered to throughout the organization.
- Ensure the highest level of customer service to all clients regardless of the account size. Make sure all Service Level Agreements and Performance Metrics are met or exceeded.
- Manage the selection, development, motivation and retention of the staff required to grow and develop the operational aspects of the transportation management business.
- Ensure Company Policies and procedures are supported throughout the corporate and field operations.
- Assist with both short and long term forecasting of operational resource requirements for transportation management.
- Conduct evaluation of current team and provide mentoring to his/her team.
- Remain current on industry trends and provide strategic recommendations to management that will put the Companys Transportation Management on the cutting edge.
- Make client-based decisions for the betterment of the division and/or the broader organization.
- Initiate continuous improvement strategies that improve internal and external operations.
- Bachelors degree required.
- 10+ years experience in the transportation operations with a proven track record of success.
- Familiar with a variety of transportation concepts, practices and procedures.
- Experience with overall direction, coordination and evaluation of department.
- Possesses strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate organization visions and values.
- Able to demonstrate a high degree of planning, organizational, analytical, and financial skills.
- Provide on-call support 24/7 for the dispatch group.
- Proficient computer skills especially with Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint as well as the essential TMS systems for Brokerage.
- Conceptual, strategic thinker with demonstrated ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Prior profit and loss responsibility preferred.
- Independent, must be able to work with little direction or structure and able to work effectively with all verticals within the Company and the sales team.
- Strong work ethic; e.g. roll-up-your sleeves" leader.
- Hands-on, customer driven focus.
This position offers a competitive base salary and standard benefits.