Our client is the trusted cold chain logistics provider for fast, safe, sustainable fulfillment and delivery of perishable goods and grocery. The company’s proprietary technology automates and manages the entire supply chain process, enforcing SQF Level 3 certification and industry best practices to ensure that heat-sensitive items are delivered fresh, cost-effectively, and in an environmentally conscious manner. The world’s leading food retailers and CPGs rely on them to maximize their eCommerce and omnichannel food service initiatives.
Job Type: Full-time
Director of Supply Chain
This role will be responsible for managing and developing a small team of associates in our client’s expanding global distribution process. This role will have an exciting opportunity to support the deployment of key strategic initiatives, logistics, and technology, including optimization of current supply chain and logistics partners, demand planning optimization, and working to improve our client’s perishable supply chain throughout the U.S. This role must demonstrate the ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment and problem solve in an ever-changing landscape.
- Develop, monitor and report the successful performance of operations against financial budgets and service level agreements and monitor and document any variances to plan.
- Oversee inventory accuracy and demand planning to include bi-annual physical, cycle counting and related reporting and provide ongoing resolution of inventory discrepancies.
- Oversee budgets and all non-inventory supplies.
- Plan, monitor, and balance supply levels to support business seasonality.
- Lead key cross-distribution projects.
- Analyze facility processes and metrics with the intent to make continuous improvements to eliminate waste and redundancy.
- Analyze freight and logistics expedites to ensure the best cost.
- Coordinate and manage the Logistics Manager to ensure on time delivery and receipt of all freight shipments.
- Research ways to innovate within the company to reduce cost and lead times around D2C and D2B shipments and supply chain.
- Develop and execute strategies for optimizing product margin through proactive cost savings initiatives, analysis on spending, should-cost, and benchmarking.
- Create, monitor and evaluate KPIs to improve performance within the company’s supply chain initiation and logistics.
- Drive cross-functional collaboration to enable buying decisions while leveraging supply chain scale to influence and reduce overall cost of goods by partnering with operations, merchandising, replenishment, and other supply chain functions of the company.
- Lead continuous improvement efforts by championing innovation to digitize current solutions and methodologies with input from key stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or relevant field.
- Supply chain management experience (8+ years).
- Major e-commerce distribution experience.
- Previous experience spanning online pick/pack fulfillment as well distribution of other multi-branded programs.
- Experience working with perishable food or food products is preferred.
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt or relevant continuous improvement experience.
- Relevant experience in distribution or manufacturing.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Ability to work weekends, holidays, and altered shifts if needed.
- Ability to travel between all work sites as needed.
This position offers a competitive base salary.