Our client provides essential freight services, organizing shipments across the
United States. They pride themselves in going above & beyond in service. The couch or chair you’re sitting in had to be transported via truck at one point in its journey to where it is now. What happens when items need to be moved from A to B takes organization and exceptional problem solving, that’s where our client comes in.
Director of Sales
This position is an essential, strategic component of the management team.
The Director of Sales manages & leads the sales division ensuring metrics are being hit and employees remain happy. They will provide resolution to customer/carrier issues and operational support to enhance the customers’ dedication. This position is responsible for the management and development of the Sales team and improving existing systems to ensure the company is servicing and capitalizing on freight opportunities. They are also responsible for developing and executing strategic plans to achieve identified sales targets. This role collaborates with the CEO to understand opportunities and areas that can be improved within the sales and operations processes.
Job Type: Full Time/Work From Home
- Create, Maintain, and Track KPIs within the Sales department.
- Understand industry-specific trends and landscapes, while being alert for forces that may shift the direction of accounts and tactical budgets.
- Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
- Overseeing and directing performance of sales team and client support services.
- Enhances staff accomplishments and competence by planning delivery of solutions, answering technical and procedural questions for less experienced team members, teaching improved processes, and mentoring team members.
- Develop, execute, and oversee strategies and plans to achieve set business targets.
- Developing and implementing sales processes for sales teams, specialists, and other representatives.
- Create and maintain accurate records and sales reports.
- Tracking and analyzing sales statistics based on key quantitative metrics.
- Maintains relationships with clients by providing support, information, and guidance; researching and recommending new opportunities.
- Implementing and managing CRM tools to maximize opportunities and customer relationships, along with utilizing automation tools to increase sales process efficiency
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications and other content, establishing personal networks, benchmarking best practices, and participating in professional and industry organizations.
- 3+ Years in Sales, Logistics, or Transportation Brokerage (Management Required)
- Expected to identify and build relationships with high-value prospects.
This position offers a competitive base salary.
Freight, Freight Brokerage, Freight Delivery, Transportation Logistics, Logistics, Transportation, Transportation Brokerage, Trucking, Trucking Brokerage, Truckload Brokerage, Supply Chain, Supply Chain Solutions, 3PL, Third Party Logistics, Shipping, Non-Asset, Non-Asset Brokerage, OTR, Flatbed, flat bed, flat-bed, tie downs, dunnage, conestoga, curtain side, lowboy, tarp, permit loads,Oversized, Over-dimensional, OD, RGN, Removable Gooseneck, Low boy, drop-deck, flat-bed, special permit, Refrigerated, Reefer, Temp Controlled, Temperature Controlled, protect from freeze, cold chain, cooling, Expedite, Just in time, just-in-time, last minute, package delivery, last-mile, team drivers, sprinter van, Dryvan, Dry Van, Box Trailer, Dry Goods Shipping, Non-Perishable Shipping, Container, Long Haul, Short Haul, Tractor Trailer, TL, Truckload, FTL, Full Truckload, Truck Load, Semi, Tractor-Trailer, lead generation, networking, cold calling, revenue growth, negotiate rates, customer service, RFP, RFQ, business development, enterprise, CRM, prospect, client development, client relationships, Director, Regional Director, Senior Director, Leadership, Leader.