Director of Sales
City & State:
Non-Asset (Traditional Brokerage), Asset
Our client is dedicated to providing solutions to the transportation needs of
industrial and commercial companies throughout the nation. They will always display honesty and integrity in their dealings with customers, vendors and each other. Their mission is to listen to the needs of their clients and develop a successful supply chain strategy utilizing their technology and experience.
Director of Sales:
The Director of Sales will be responsible for driving business growth by effectively responding to the needs of existing and potential customers. The goal will be to generate new business by working with operation team in Chester and 5 satellite offices to ensure that sales targets are met or exceeded across all lines of business. Adding additional offices into the Company network would be of great benefit to the company and provide good compensation to the candidate.
Job Type: Full-time
- Lead and grow a non-asset brokerage operation through a sales approach initiative.
- Lead the team to a more national approach.
- Oversee the Business Development process by managing the prospecting, quoting and closing of new freight opportunities.
- Serve as a coach, mentor and team player to set an example with the team and encourage them to deliver a high level of service on every load and business process from start to finish.
- Hire, train, and develop satellite offices, as well as, bring on new business through personal business goals.
- Prepare, implement, and manage strategic and operational plans to meet goals.
- Possess customer and carrier facing experience.
- Develop, execute and monitor strategic and tactical goals to maximize sales, profit and to ensure sales targets are met or exceeded.
- Provide documented activity reports of sales efforts on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
- Provide ongoing reporting and analysis, including: territory trending, sales reports/analysis, CRM reports, trade spending analysis, expense reports, etc.
- Manage and maintain client relationships.
- 5-7+ years of prior 3PL experience focused in Sales & Account Management.
- Proven management / leadership experience.
- Previous experience working within an Agent-Based model
- Open to serving as an Independent Contributor for the first 12-18 months and then transitioning into a leadership role.
- Proven ability to grow revenues and manage costs.
- Ability to sell and close new business, as well as, train effective sales philosophy and manage others in it.
- Appropriate sales training or experience.
- Possess an ability to think outside the box.
- Exhibit creativity and an ability to operate out of the typical existing operation.
- Be a dynamic individual with a thorough understanding of the industry.
- Extremely organized, flexible, proactive, and creative.
- Excellent selling, presentation, and communication skills.
This position offers a competitive base salary plus commission.