Our client is a top ten global provider of transportation and logistics services, with a highly integrated network of people, technology and physical assets. They provide pivotal supply chain solutions to the most successful companies in the world. They’re constantly looking for talented individuals at all levels to join their 100,000-strong workforce and deliver the caliber of service our customers require. If you’re ready to move the world forward, they’d like to invest in you.
Director of Operations
The Director of Operations will be responsible for providing leadership for brokerage products, acting as the functional lead for strategic development within the overall market and enhancing and growing new business opportunities with established customers. This individual will be expected to utilize their skills and years of experience to be a strong advocate of our client's company values, ensuring an engaged workforce, loyal customers, efficient operations and a brighter future for everyone.
- Direct and manage all types of brokerage services in the branch.
- Meet or exceed established business and profit growth targets; remain accountable for product P&L at the branch level.
- Establish and ensure operational implementation and compliance with processes and procedures for handling the freight product.
- Maintain strategic relationships with appropriate vendors, including pricing and service standards; coordinate with the vendor base to ensure strategic compliance with our client's goals and objectives.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
- Assist Sales in developing new customers in the market and onboarding those customers to operations.
- Develop and implement new product and service offerings to meet customer needs in alignment with their goals and objectives.
- Direct, develop and train sales and operations teams to ensure individual and branch KPIs are met.
- Minimum 7 years of experience in operations for a Carrier, Freight Forwarder/NVO and/or Consolidator/Third-Party Logistics (3PL) organization.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Previous experience developing, managing, leading, and communicating with a team effectively.
- Previous sales experience within the logistics industry.
This position offers a competitive base salary.
Related to: Freight, Freight Brokerage, Freight Delivery, Transportation Logistics, Logistics, Transportation, Transportation Brokerage, Trucking, Trucking Brokerage, Truckload Brokerage, Supply Chain, Supply Chain Solutions, 3PL, Third Party Logistics, Shipping, Non-Asset, Non-Asset Brokerage, OTR, SOP, freight operations, carrier procurement, CRM, RFP, RFQ, performance management, freight operations, customer service, tracking, tracing, pricing, planning, driver dispatching, post-delivery, transactional freight, shipment, delivery, business strategy, TL, Truckload, FTL, Full Truckload