Whatever your transportation need, our client has a solution. As a full-service brokerage servicing the U.S. and Canada, they operate at the intersection of cutting-edge technology and trustworthy relationships. That’s how they deliver maximum value, and an exceptional customer experience – every time.
Director of LTL Operations
Our client has big ambitions and is seeking its next strategic hire - an energetic, competitive, and entrepreneurial-minded LTL Director who is ready to make their mark in the industry. The right candidate will leverage their industry experience in order to further develop and grow the Company’s Less-Than-Truckload Department. This role requires frequent collaboration with the internal sales team and customers as they look to convert more LTL opportunities. The right individual will be confident in their ability to develop and manage strong carrier relationships and ultimately, an LTL-focused team of their own.
Job Type: Full-time
- Manage all Less-Than-Truckload business that runs through the organization.
- Continued buildout and ongoing management of LTL carrier network (rates already established with 10+ carriers).
- Mastery of current LTL TMS system (with the potential to explore alternative options).
- Internally market LTL within the organization to maximize conversions.
- Work and train current sales reps on how to effectively sell LTL services to our growing customer base.
- Participate in customer sales presentation alongside our sales team with a specific focus on LTL services.
- Development & delivery of LTL training program.
- Strong understanding of freight classes and the NMFC System
- Experience negotiating LTL rate tariffs with core-carriers
- 3+ years freight brokerage experience
- 2+ years in an LTL focused role
- Has a passion for training & coaching others
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- A go-getter and self-starter
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- A highly confident, yet humble, personality
- Must thrive in a fast-paced and high-energy environment
- Must be a problem-solver, seeking to find solutions before problems even arise
This position offers a competitive base salary.
Related to: Freight, Freight Brokerage, Freight Delivery, Transportation Logistics, Logistics, Transportation, Transportation Brokerage, Trucking, Trucking Brokerage, Truckload Brokerage, Supply Chain, Supply Chain Solutions, 3PL, Third Party Logistics, Shipping, Non-Asset, Non-Asset Brokerage, OTR, LTL, Less Than Load, Less Than Truckload, Partial Load, Partial Shipment, Parcel, Small Parcel, track, trace, negotiate rates, cold calling, load coverage, book loads, freight lanes, delivery, carrier procurement, freight operations, pricing, TMS, RFP, carrier relationship development, load boards, freight broker, lead generation, networking, cold calling, revenue growth, negotiate rates, customer service, RFP, RFQ, business development, enterprise, CRM, prospect, client development, client relationships, freight operations, customer service, tracking, tracing, pricing, planning, driver dispatching, post-delivery, transactional freight, shipment, delivery, Director, Regional Director, Senior Director, Leadership, Leader