Our client s one of the largest drayage providers on the East Coast with a fleet of over 150 units exclusively designated for port drayage operations.
Director of Logistics Operations
Our client’s company has had tremendous growth over the last 3-5 years and they are currently seeking a highly experienced Director of Operations that will operate out of their Kearny, NJ location. This role will report directly to the CEO and COO respectively. This position will take full charge of the day to day operations and oversee the entire scope of our client’s business as well as dealing with any mid-high level issues pertaining to clients, employees and Owner Operator Drivers. They are seeking the right candidate who can also assist them with their aggressive growth plans to take the company to the next level. This individual must have extensive experience in the role of overseeing the full operations of a logistics company preferably with drayage experience.
Job Type: Full-time
- Responsible for the day-to-day management of the core operations team of our client's asset division.
- Maintain long-term, positive relationships with customers and Independent Contractors.
- Ensure full and appropriate utilization of company equipment and staff.
- Analyze and ensure all reports running throughout the operation are accurate to drive efficiency.
- Set goals, mentor and coach department employees to assist in meeting established goals.
- Participate in strategic planning and collaborate with other managers and staff members in order to formulate and implement policies, procedures, goals, and objectives.
- Build and maintain a positive work environment recognizing and valuing team members and their contributions while maintaining frequent communication.
- Provide input and assistance in the development and implementation of procedures and standards of service to effectively support and achieve performance results and customer satisfaction.
- Maintain customer satisfaction, provide problem solving resources, and handle escalated customer issues.
- Embrace, promote and lead continuous improvement efforts.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 5 years of management in the transportation industry.
- Positive, upbeat personality.
- Excellent verbal, written communication skills and problem solving skills.
- Proven ability to train, supervise, evaluate and provide work direction and guidance to others.
- Prior experience growing and scaling a business.
- Tech savvy and able to communicate with our program developers.
- Strong analytical skills - numbers, P&L, & reporting in general
- Hands-on leadership abilities - Can lead by example, has a strong work ethic and knows how to get things done.
- Ability to analyze situations accurately and adopt an effective course of action.
This position offers a competitive base salary
Related to: Freight, Freight Delivery, Transportation Logistics, Logistics, Transportation, Trucking, Truckload, Supply Chain, Shipping, Asset, Asset Brokerage, Fleet, Terminal, OTR, Fleet, Dedicated, Owner-Operator, TL, Truckload, FTL, Full Truckload, Truck Load, Semi, Tractor-Trailer, Intermodal, Drayage, Container Shipment, Container, Port Drayage, International Shipment, Port, Cargo, Rail, Domestic, freight operations, customer service, tracking, tracing, pricing, planning, driver dispatching, post-delivery, transactional freight, shipment, delivery, Director, Regional Director, Senior Director, Leadership, Leader