Our client founded in 1959, is headquartered in Red Bank, New Jersey. The company is one of the nation’s largest homebuilders with operations in Arizona, California, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Maryland, New Jersey, Ohio, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Texas, Virginia, Washington, D.C. and West Virginia. They are highly diversified by product type, selling a wide array of attached and detached home styles to buyers ranging from first-time purchasers to luxury buyers. They also are one of the nation’s largest builders of active lifestyle communities.
Director of Estimating - Residential Construction
The Director of Estimating is responsible for managing the National Estimating Department in accurately establishing estimates for the Homebuilding Operations and local business units nationwide.
Job Type: Full Time
- Apply the Company’s visions, pledges, and guiding principles to every facet of responsibilities in an effort to improve our Company.
- Develop estimating methodologies to be used across the company.
- Develop appropriate tracking mechanisms for material/unit validation.
- Quantity Take Off (QTO) maintenance and setup.
- Manage various quantity takeoffs and quantities for nationwide plan catalog.
- Manage base house and option take-offs for new plans and communities. This will include flooring take-offs for new community setup.
- Work with Architecture team on plan redlines needed to facilitate accurate take-offs.
- Identify changes to specifications, drawings or other information affecting takeoffs.
- Deliver timely and accurate takeoffs/quantities to business unit as required.
- Monitor Extra Purchase Orders for takeoff extras and validate/update takeoffs as needed.
- Project coordination related to all Estimating related activities.
- Conduct weekly team meeting in order to appropriately communicate and delegate workflow.
- Manage workflow and deadlines for Estimating team members.
- Primary liaison with construction field teams for take-off related issues.
- Create and present reports to Sr. Management.
- Interview, hire, and train associates.
- Plan, assign, and direct work to associates.
- Complete Associate performance reviews, reward, and discipline associates.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- 5 – 7 years of estimating experience.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, subcontractors, and Associates of the Company.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as percentages, proportions, area, and circumference. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Proficiency in spreadsheet creation, analysis and design.
- Experienced and knowledgeable on estimating tools and methods such as digitizers and various software.
- Organization, attention to detail, communication, and reasoning skills.
- Ability to meticulously review construction drawings with an emphasis on detailed analysis and comprehension.
- Thorough understanding of residential framing methodology and the ability to visualize real-world installation/application from two-dimensional frame and engineering drawings.
- Knowledge and experience in JD Edwards a plus.
- Knowledge and experience in PlanSwift a plus.
- Must be a critical thinker and problem solver.
- Ability to follow established Company safety procedures.
- Have a broad understanding of building and vertical bidding practices.
This position offers a competitive base salary.
Related to: Shipper, Manufacturer, Distributor, Distribution, Fulfillment, Supply Chain, Supply Chain Operations, Distribution Center, Fulfillment Center, Warehouse, Logistics