Director of Engineering - Command & Control Center
City & State:
Sr. Level Independent Contributor
On-Site Logistics Management, Managed Transportation, Asset
Our client is on mission to make the world a safer placefor all of humanity, today and in the future. To deliver on their mission, they need the worlds best talent and leadersground-breakers and partnership-builders on a global scale in areas like command center platforms, healthcare, artificial intelligence, critical infrastructure resiliency, pandemic management, and cybersecurity.
Job Type: Full-time
Director of Engineering - Command & Control Center:
Our client is seeking a highly networked, domain-recognized C2 systems engineer who can bring commercial command center expertise, systems knowledge, and best practices to bear on AF C2 programs that are actively pursuing modernization and/or replacement. The Director of Engineering - Command & Control Center will have deep, broad, and current knowledge of commercial command centers, as well as the ability to bring that knowledge (including architectural approaches, relevant technologies, and best practices) to bear on the BM/C2&S portfolio of programs and projects.
- Lead efforts to extend the companys outreach and collaboration with commercial command center organizations, their leadership teams, and their technical staff.
- Cultivate new relationships between the company and select commercial industry partners, and serve as liaison between these commercial organizations and members of the companys staff.
- Investigate, analyze, and track current trends and capabilities across the commercial command center domain.
- Seek and gain timely insights that indicate how commercial organizations are addressing command center needs by leveraging current and/or emergent technologies such as virtualization, cloud, big data analytics, artificial intelligence, machine learning, gaming, and multi-source information fusion, visualization, and management technologies;
- Work collaboratively with the BM/C2&S Chief Engineer, C2 Domain Capability Area Lead, Department Heads, Project Leaders, and project teams to advise, recommend, and apply solutions that improve AF C2 systems agility, scalability, interoperability, and security, while also realizing lower operating costs through the use of commercially-developed IT.
- Partner with the companys Innovation Area Leads and with leads for other internal initiatives to recommend, refine, and promote research and development activities that are directly aimed at leveraging commercial command center architectures, innovations, and technologies.
- Work with the C2 Domain Capability Area Lead to establish a more effective C2 community of practice within the BM/ C2&S Division (and across other divisions and FFRDCs) that includes emphasis on improving their ability to leverage commercial command center strategies and technologies.
- Travel 15% of the week.
- Bachelors Degree in one of the following disciplines (Electrical, Computer, or Systems Engineering; Computer Science; or Mathematics) and a minimum of 15 years of related command center experience (with at least 10 years of direct experience working in the commercial command center domain).
- Experience working as a senior-level strategist who is highly-networked within the commercial C2 domain.
- Must have relevant commercial experience and the requisite technical skills needed to investigate, analyze, and track current trends and capabilities in the commercial command center marketplace.
- Possess the communication and analytical skills needed to collaborate broadly with industry partners and within the companys BM/C2&S portfolio in order to proactively identify gap-filling capabilities and opportunities and to recommend relevant commercial command center architectures, systems, and technologies that can positively impact AF C2 programs.
- Must have the networking skills necessary to enable them to serve effectively as a conduit between the company (i.e., individual project teams) and industry leaders who have commercial command center expertise.
- Ability to operate effectively and collaboratively at multiple levels within the BM/C2&S Division organization (i.e., with department and project leadership and with technical staff) and, as appropriate, directly with project sponsor and customer organizations.
This position offers a competitive base salary.