Our client is one of the nation’s largest transportation companies. Through their seven operating companies, they provide total transportation solutions and comprehensive logistics services to customers all over North America. They know the extraordinary dedication and work ethic of their employees have been the power behind their success.
Director of Driver Recruiting
The Director of Capacity Development is responsible for directing P&L responsibility and strategically leading the department to accomplish company targets and goals including the nationwide recruiting of over-the-road truck drivers and owner operators.
Job Type: Full-Time
- Direct leadership and management of a staff of 25+ Driver Recruiting personnel.
- Develop a strategic plan to advance our client's Recruiting mission and objectives.
- Responsible for managing the nationwide recruiting efforts of company drivers, owner operators, experienced fleet owners, lease purchase drivers and rehires.
- Determine proper qualifications of driver applicants and work within federal and company requirements to ensure company goals for new lease, lease purchase and driver hires are met.
- Formulate strategies and manage trade show activities and events.
- Hire, train and develop Driver Recruiting personnel.
- Formulate direction and policies of the Recruiting department.
- Assist in generating and managing the departmental budget.
- Assist in the daily management of advertising strategies.
- Develop and manage recruiting programs to include supporting programs such as hiring goals, transportation and housing.
- Assist in managing the relationship and strategy of contract and non-contract CDL schools.
- Manages all operations of the department.
- Ensure quality and productivity goals are met.
- Manage and communicate the daily and long-term objectives that apply to the department.
- Secure cooperation between departments and carry out the goals and directions for the division, ensuring smooth execution.
- Determine the general “how” it will be done and secure cooperation of those who will need to do it, within the division and outside of the division and/or outside the organization.
- Develop, maintain, and execute department policies that affect other areas.
- Write appraisals, hire, fire, and discipline, with management approval.
- HS Diploma or GED required.
- AA or BA in relevant field required.
- Certification in relevant field.
- 5+ years of experience in the transportation industry.
- Proven track record of successful performance.
- Thinks strategically – champions change, analyzes issues, uses sound judgment, and makes decisions.
- Leads with integrity and operates with a moral compass.
- Exhibits a strong work ethic and is loyal.
- Has aspirations for future success.
- Commands a professional presence.
- Manages, plans, and executes.
- Drives for results with an appropriate level of urgency.
- Inspires, coaches, and develops others.
- Maximizes relationships, fosters collaboration and builds trust.
- Manages conflict at all levels.
- Communicates effectively – speaks with impact, listens and writes effectively.
- Develops self through continuous learning.
This position offers a competitive base salary.
Related to: Freight, Freight Brokerage, Freight Delivery, Transportation Logistics, Logistics, Transportation, Transportation Brokerage, Trucking, Trucking Brokerage, Truckload Brokerage, Supply Chain, 3PL, Third Party Logistics, Shipping, Asset, Asset Brokerage, Fleet, Terminal, OTR, TL, Truckload, FTL, Full Truckload, Driver Recruiting, Driver Recruiter, Driver Recruiters