Our client was founded in 2010 by Kimberly Hall of Union,
KY. A National Women's Business Enterprises and Disadvantaged Business Enterprises certified company, they leverage 80+ years of combined industry experience along with best-in-class technology to optimize the shipping process, resulting in lower transportation costs.
Director of Drayage Division
The ideal candidate will have experience managing and growing
drayage operations, the ability to create and maintain an efficient system of operation to support our existing drayage business as well as quote and develop new business opportunities from new and current customers. The candidate should be comfortable multitasking and working cross-functionally with different business units. Candidates should have an entrepreneurial spirit as they will be heading up and developing a new division.
Job Type: Full-time
- Drive to lead the drayage functions in close cooperation with leadership and sales teams.
- Manage the daily functions of the business.
- Maintain national drayage vendor portfolio and rate books.
- Spearhead identification, pricing, onboarding, and vetting of new drayage providers and confirmation of provider’s capacity.
- Working with import and export coordinators to identify and assign loads to pool of drayage providers as needed.
- Provide input on global RFP’/RFQs as pertains to drayage costs, capacity, and services.
- Monitor carrier and drayage market and update teams of the same.
- Timely preparation of rates and quotes for customers and overseas agents.
- Collaborate and build relationships with customers, carriers, and agent representatives regarding ocean products.
- Track and trace shipments, research and resolve any issues regarding billing or shipping discrepancies, communicate timely correspondence back to both customers and vendors.\
- Create appointments at port/ customer sites including container & chassis.
- Dispatch drivers or carriers.
- Schedule with port websites/ terminal systems if applicable.
- 3+ years of experience in a similar role.
- Comfort working with multiple groups within the business.
- Comfortable and willing to engage in proactive communication with customers, providers, and internal teams.
- Proficient with technology and common programs like email, excel, word.
- The ability to stay calm, make sound decisions, and proactively find solutions in a fast-paced and time-sensitive environment.
- Ability to follow instructions, manage time and prioritize goals with limited oversight.
- Ability to negotiate with carriers.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Willingness to travel.
- Preferred port of Los Angeles/ Long Beach /Chicago drayage dispatch operating experiences.
- Must have previous experience in customer service, dispatching, and port drayage.
- Existing relationships with Enterprise Drayage Fleets in major port markets.
- Ability to build rapport with clients.
- Ability to lead through influence and work effectively with people in a cross- functional environment.
- Analytical, creative, and innovative approach to solving problems.
- Desire to help a team as the need grows for additional account managers.
- Bilingual (English/ Spanish) is a plus.
This position offers a competitive base salary.
Related to: Freight, Freight Brokerage, Freight Delivery, Transportation Logistics, Logistics, Transportation, Transportation Brokerage, Trucking, Trucking Brokerage, Truckload Brokerage, Supply Chain, Supply Chain Solutions, 3PL, Third Party Logistics, Shipping, Non-Asset, Non-Asset Brokerage, OTR, Dryvan, Dry Van, Box Trailer, Dry Goods Shipping, Non-Perishable Shipping, Container, Long Haul, Short Haul, Tractor Trailer, Expedite, Just in time, just-in-time, last minute, package delivery, last-mile, team drivers, sprinter van, Intermodal, Drayage, Container Shipment, Container, Port Drayage, International Shipment, Port, Cargo, Rail, Domestic, P&L, KPI, SOP, freight operations, branch management, customer development, negotiate, business development, carrier procurement, CRM, RFP, RFQ, performance management, strategic growth, business strategy, Director, Regional Director, Senior Director, Leadership, Leader