Over the past 30 years, our client has been providing transportation solutions to customers who demand superior supply chain services. Our client's goal is simple - to deliver excellence. With over 1,500 trucks, they attract and retain the best professional drivers in the industry. They are large enough to serve their customers yet small enough to give them the personal attention they need. They offer solo, team, dedicated and regional truckload services as well as intermodal and brokerage solutions that provide options to their customers and flexibility for their drivers.
Job type: Full-time
Director of Dedicated Sales
Our client has an immediate need for a Director of Dedicated Sales for their southwest region (based in Texas) who is results-driven and thrives on making significant decisions to impact our client’s operations. This position focuses on the one-way business made up of over-the-road (OTR) and team driver solutions. This position requires advanced prospecting skills, an outstanding communication competency and vast relationship resources to ensure that the our client is growing profitably at or above aggressive plans.
- Provide client-focused freight solutions that drive both revenue and operating income, focusing on the southwest region and Mexico.
- Directly sell to domestic and international accounts of all sizes and sectors.
- Create short and long-term strategies for enhanced market penetration and increased revenue through new customer prospecting, acquisition, and creative partnerships.
- Act as the voice of the customer by working closely with the Operations and Decision Support Teams to deliver the optimal solutions and financials for our client.
- Work to broaden and expand existing account relationships in an effort to be more competitive and gain market share and improve profitability.
- Utilize market intelligence, strategic planning and relationship building initiatives to ensure that the company is building a sustainable competitive advantage among its competitors.
- Track metrics and use CRM daily to measure progress and success.
- Follow company-wide business development practices to ensure organizational alignment
- Be instrumental in building a culture that is team-oriented and is committed to alignment, creativity and winning.
- Maintain a spirit of continuous improvement, determination, respect and positivity.
- Visit key customers and attendance at trade shows, requiring 40%-50% travel.
- Bachelor's degree (BA or BS) is required.
- Minimum of 5+ years of business development experience and relevant industry experience in positions of increasing authority.
- Trucking industry experience required.
- Track record of growing market share and exceeding sales goals required.
- Experience working in Mexico a plus.
- Fluency in English and Spanish a plus.
- Proven track record of profitable revenue growth that supports company strategic plans and short-term sales plans.
- Proven sales success through solutions-based and fact-based selling.
- Proven skills in market analysis, critical thinking, prospecting, relationship management, communications, market intelligence and understanding the accompanying key metrics.
- Extensive skills in leadership, initiative, creativity, and reliability.
- Must have a strong working knowledge of MS Office; prior experience in Excel and PowerPoint a must.
- Project a strong positive image and voice that conveys confidence to customers.
- An unquestioned work ethic, willingness to "roll up your sleeves" and work closely with colleagues and team members.
- Advanced presentation, business writing, and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to collaborate equally well with company leadership, peers, employees, and customers.
- Exceptional decision-making skills, sound judgment, and the ability to effectively manage escalations and time-critical issues with poise.
- An unwavering commitment to ethics with the highest levels of integrity coupled with a focus on continuous improvement and customer satisfaction.
This position offers a competitive base salary plus commission.