Our client is the #1 3PL for cross-border freight between US and Canada and #23 on Transport Topics index of largest 3PLs in North America. Our client is dedicated to servicing all major modes of transportation including dry van, temperature controlled, flat bed, LTL, and intermodal services
Director of Customer Sales
The Sales Director will be responsible for achieving annual sales objectives, building a strong salesforce, and providing vision for all sales strategies and their execution. The role is a combination of direct contributor along with building and maintaining a high-performance sales organization to effectively achieve business goals.
Job Type: Full-time
- Partner with Branch Operations Director to increase sales opportunities and maximize revenue.
- Develop competencies and processes required to create an efficient sales organization.
- Ensure effective hiring, training, development, and retention of sales staff.
- Conduct analysis to manage sales performance against corporate objectives.
- Collaborate with the executive team to develop short- and long-term strategic plans.
- Provide input from sales – including growth, competitive analysis, market trends, and business environment – for strategic planning processes.
- Develop strategies and tactics to support strategic plans at the management level.
- Proven experience in freight brokerage sales.
- 5 to 7 years of sales experience in a direct contribution role.
- Preferably at least 2 years of experience in sales management capacity.
- Strong experience in all aspects of sales, including growth strategies, account development, and business planning.
- Demonstrated ability to hire, train, develop, lead, and direct a sales force.
- A well-defined sense of diplomacy, including solid negotiation, conflict resolution, and people management skills.
- Able to build and maintain lasting relationships with key business partners, and customers.
- Business analysis and requirements gathering experience including document process narratives, workflows, controls and business case development.
- Commitment to self-learning and continuous skill and professional knowledge development.
- Experience creating and managing budgets.
- Experience creating incentives and compensation plans would be an asset.
This position offers a competitive base salary.
Related to: Freight, Freight Brokerage, Freight Delivery, Transportation Logistics, Logistics, Transportation, Transportation Brokerage, Trucking, Trucking Brokerage, Truckload Brokerage, Supply Chain, Supply Chain Solutions, 3PL, Third Party Logistics, Shipping, Non-Asset, Non-Asset Brokerage, OTR, Dryvan, Dry Van, Box Trailer, Dry Goods Shipping, Non-Perishable Shipping, Container, Long Haul, Short Haul, Tractor Trailer, TL, Truckload, FTL, Full Truckload, Truck Load, Semi, Tractor-Trailer, LTL, Less Than Load, Less Than Truckload, Partial Load, Partial Shipment, Parcel, Small Parcel, Refrigerated, Reefer, Temp Controlled, Temperature Controlled, protect from freeze, cold chain, cooling, lead generation, networking, cold calling, revenue growth, negotiate rates, customer service, RFP, RFQ, business development, enterprise, CRM, prospect, client development, client relationships, Director, Regional Director, Senior Director, Leadership, Leader,Independent Contributor, Team Player, Individual Contributor, IC