Our client is reinventing warehousing and fulfillment to optimize the global delivery of goods. As the leader in on-demand warehousing, our client helps forward-looking brands create dynamic eCommerce fulfillment networks and resolve warehouse capacity constraints. Based in Seattle, our client's team is dedicated to transforming the logistics industry and helping clients create structural flexibility in their businesses.
Director of Business Development (Warehousing)
To succeed as a Director of Business Development with our client, this individual must be able to constructively challenge the status quo, thrive in ambiguous situations, and paint a vision of success that energizes clients. The Director of Business Development will be working closely with our client’s market development team, client success team and their CEO. The ideal candidate is an experienced self-starter who can leverage existing relationships, build new trusted relationships, provide tight feedback loops between client needs and internal solutions, and dramatically grow their business. This is an excellent opportunity to leverage your industry experience and ignite your career by coming in on the ground floor of a quickly growing startup.
Job Type: Full Time/Work from Home
- Develop and deliver on new client and revenue targets.
- Engage clients with a consultative approach.
- Drive solution concept, design, and vision, and relay that vision to both the client and our organization.
- Develop strategies and tactics to engage prospective clients. Identify decision makers and stakeholders, and build trusted relationships.
- Partner with our client’s market development team to continually refine our target account definitions.
- Become a trusted internal “voice of the customer” for our product and solutions teams, so that we can continue to evolve our solutions in the most effective and leveraged ways.
- 5+ years experience as an account executive/business development manager in the contract logistics or warehousing division of a major 3PL. Additional experience on the client-side is a plus.
- Ability to credibly interface with senior client personnel at both the tactical/operational level and the strategic level.
- Proven success developing and closing new business.
- Familiarity with web-based software products.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Willingness and ability to travel up to 50% as needed.
- Past experience in a tech startup environment a plus!
- Bachelor’s Degree.
This position offers a competitive base salary.
Related to: Freight, Freight Brokerage, Freight Delivery, Transportation Logistics, Logistics, Transportation, Transportation Brokerage, Trucking, Trucking Brokerage, Truckload Brokerage, Supply Chain, Supply Chain Solutions, 3PL, Third Party Logistics, Shipping, Non-Asset, Non-Asset Brokerage, OTR, E-commerce, mobile shopping, applications, supply chain, affiliate marketing, A/B testing, average order value, bundling, cohort analysis, conversion, cross-selling, cookies, fulfillment, SEO, SKU, Web analytics, KPI, Shipping, Receiving, P&L, Facility, Facility Management, Distribution, Fulfillment, Inventory, Inventory Control, Stocking, Product Shipment, WMS, Warehouse Operations, Shipper, Distributor, Storage, Dock Operations, Warehousing, SKU, EDI, lead generation, networking, cold calling, revenue growth, negotiate rates, customer service, RFP, RFQ, business development, enterprise, CRM, prospect, client development, client relationships, Independent Contributor, Team Player, Individual Contributor, IC