Our client is a non-asset based logistics provider, headquartered in Cincinnati, OH. Our client grew by using its own fleet and outside carriers to meet and exceed their customers' service expectations.
Job Type: Full-time
Director of Business Development
This individual will be responsible for maximizing business results towards the achievement of team and company objectives, while maintaining alignment with company vision and enterprise objectives. In addition, will directly generate revenue and drive new business through prospecting, soliciting, face-to-face sales meetings, building relationships, presenting recommendations for supply chain improvements, and closing sales.
- Plans and executes direct prospecting activities to drive personal pipeline growth that will result in increased new business, revenue and gross margin.
- Aligns assigned market or segmentation with the organization's objectives through active participation in sales strategy development, forecasting, sales resource planning, and budgeting.
- Engages with potential customers, builds strategic relationships and designs solutions to meet their business needs.
- Manages all aspects of the sales process on all opportunities including initial qualification, evaluation, close and implementation. Collaborates internally with various teams on pricing strategy and account implementation plans.
- Consistently closes new business in all of company service offerings to meet and exceed annual sales and gross margin goals.
- Develops deep understanding of company service offerings and value propositions; leverage data and analytics to make business decisions; remains agile with the ever-changing industry landscape and stays up-to-date on industry trends.
- Analyzes weekly sales reports and account profile to assess trends and performance against projections.
- Leverages operational support across the company to drive initiatives and support strategic growth objectives.
- Maintain complete and accurate records of all sales activities in assigned CRM tools.
- Review weekly/monthly sales activities and prospective customers with leadership.
- Other duties as required and assigned.
- 4-year degree.
- Minimum 5 to 10 years of Transportation, Logistics or industry related sales experience.
- Strong work ethic and self-motivated.
- Excellent critical thinking and problem solving.
- Proven sales performance results and career progression.
- Successful track record of collaborating with key stakeholders resulting in high internal and external customer satisfaction.
- Excellent analytical and presentation skills along with verbal and written communication skills.
- Independent leader with commitment to executional excellence and ability to meet and exceed sales goals.
This position offers a competitive base salary.
Related to: TL, Truckload, FTL, Full Truckload, Truck Load, Semi, Tractor-Trailer, lead generation, networking, cold calling, revenue growth, negotiate rates, customer service, RFP, RFQ, business development, enterprise, CRM, prospect, client development, client relationships, Freight, Freight Brokerage, Freight Delivery, Transportation Logistics, Logistics, Transportation, Transportation Brokerage, Trucking, Trucking Brokerage, Truckload Brokerage, Supply Chain, Supply Chain Solutions, 3PL, Third Party Logistics, Shipping, Non-Asset, Non-Asset Brokerage, OTR