Our client is a privately held non-asset brokerage in Lincoln, NE. With a strong niche in bulk, they move nearly 98K loads per. After much success on this side of the industry, they started a Van and Flat division to expand their offering and tap into core accounts.
Director of Brokerage Sales and Operations:
The Director of Brokerage Sales and Operations will be responsible for
management of all sales and operational functions related to the van/flat/temp controlled division of the truckload non-asset based brokerage office, with aggressive goals for revenue growth. Will also have personnel functions companywide.
Job Type: Full-time
• Develop a sales structure and train staff to ensure team is identifying business opportunities and maintaining relationships.
• Identify and implement core KPI’s for business growth and individual employee metric management.
• Establish rapport internally with employees and build relationships with potential clients.
• Run and grow the company by training and developing a team that has the vision and understand the steps necessary to achieve success.
• Work with team and leadership to determine areas of opportunity and manage plans and projects for improvement.
• Be a coach, mentor and team player to set example with team and encourage them to deliver a high level of service on every load and business process from start to finish.
• Oversee business development process by managing the prospecting, quoting and closing of new freight opportunities. Develop and confirm that the Company has a solid three-tier relationship with top customers.
• Oversee long and short-term processes to identify and purchase transportation capacity to meet customer demand.
• Proven ability to grow revenues and manage costs.
• Capacity knowledge and market awareness to build and further develop carrier relationships and negotiations.
• The ability to sell and close new business, as well as train effective sales philosophy and manage others in it.
• Must be able to analyze situations, identify opportunities, and successfully implement solutions through negotiations, and train team members to do the same.
• Knowledge of the risks and requirements on various types of freight and trailer types.
• Demonstrated success in problem solving through use of data and information metrics and improvement to performance process.
• Ability to operate and understand TMS platform and identify areas for technological improvement.
• 5+ years of management experience leading an inside sales and operational team within a Brokerage Environment.
• Experience with a large 3PL company as an office or division head, or upper management.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Supply Chain Management preferred.
• Must be willing to travel as required to meet essential responsibilities.
This position offers a competitive base salary and incentive compensation.