Director of Brokerage Operations
City & State:
Non-Asset (Traditional Brokerage), Non-Asset (Complex Supply Chain Solutions)
Our client is committed to building a better company by having stronger, real relationships with their customers. One of their greatest strengths is that they offer personal one-on-one type service allowing them to stay closely connected to their clients while also providing a vast array of affordable shipping solutions. They believe that their success is built in conjunction with the success of their clients.
Director of Brokerage Operations:
This position is responsible for all aspects of Freight Brokerage business unit of the company. The role has direct accountability for sales, customer onboarding, rate negotiations, operational execution of shipments and overall performance management of brokerage team and business. Additionally, this role is expected to develop and execute strategies that drive growth, increase profitability and improve processes while providing leadership support to the organization.
- Lead and grow the brokerage operation with a focus on promoting growth, achieving margin objectives, and key performance indicators.
- Hire, train, and develop representatives, as well as bring on business.
- Develop, execute, and monitor strategic and tactical goals to maximize sales, profit and to ensure sales targets are met or exceeded.
- Provide documented activity reports of your sales efforts on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis.
- Provide ongoing reporting and analysis, including: territory trending, sales reports/analysis, CRM reports, trade spending analysis, expense reports, etc.
- Manage and maintain client relationships.
- Manages business plan, and sales strategy within the ensures the attainment of company sales goals and profitability.
- Manages overarching policies regarding dispatching, routing, and tracking organizational transportation vehicles.
- Plan, evaluate, and recommend overall strategies for logistic operations in order to meet company goals, objectives, and enable staff to effectively operate the business to satisfy customer needs.
- Implement and manage key performance indicators (KPIs) and financial resources to achieve company goals.
- Ensure compliance with all local, state, federal laws, regulations and company policies.
- Minimum 5+ years of management experience at a brokerage.
- Minimum 5+ years of sales experience within the transportation industry.
- Have strong managerial & leadership skills.
- Possess an ability to think outside the box.
- Extremely organized, flexible, proactive and creative.
- Excellent selling, presentation and communication skills.
- Motivated individual with an entrepreneurial attitude.
This position offers a competitive base salary.