Our client is a premier third party logistics provider specializing in finding intelligent solutions for complex problems. They are headquartered in Surrey, BC in close proximity to both the US border and the ports of Vancouver, with additional offices in Los Angeles CA, Portland OR, and Calgary AB. Since 2006, they have worked with numerous Fortune 500 companies providing them with logistics management, dedicated capacity, and supply chain solutions. Their network of offices and suppliers enables them to procure reliable solutions for their customers across several modes of transportation including: trucking (FTL and LTL), air, ocean, and rail.
Director of 3PL Sales & Operations:
This Leader will be responsible for driving profitable business growth by meeting or exceeding established targets, while being responsible for overseeing the branch. Their goal will be to grow a team and generate new business. They will need to effectively respond to the needs of internal, external, and potential customers while maintaining a strong understanding of industry and leadership trends, rates, and capacity.
Job Type: Full-time
- Lead and grow a non-asset brokerage operation through a sales approach initiative.
- Fulfill a player/coach role.
- Hire, train, and develop representatives, as well as bring on business.
- Prepare, implement, and manage strategic and operational plans to meet goals.
- Possess customer and carrier facing experience.
- Develop, execute and monitor strategic and tactical goals to maximize sales, profit and to ensure sales targets are met or exceeded.
- Provide documented activity reports of your sales efforts on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
- Provide ongoing reporting and analysis, including: territory trending, sales reports/analysis, CRM reports, trade spending analysis, expense reports, etc.
- Manage and maintain client relationships.
- Minimum 5+ years of management experience at a brokerage.
- Minimum 5+ years of sales experience within the transportation industry.
- Have strong managerial & leadership skills.
- Possess an ability to think outside the box.
- Extremely organized, flexible, proactive and creative.
- Excellent selling, presentation and communication skills.
This position offers a competitive base salary plus bonuses.
Related to: TL, Truckload, FTL, Full Truckload, lead generation, networking, cold calling, revenue growth, negotiate rates, customer service, RFP, RFQ, business development, enterprise, CRM, prospect, client development, client relationships, P&L, KPI, SOP, freight operations, branch management, customer development, negotiate, business development, carrier procurement, CRM, RFP, RFQ, performance management, strategic growth, business strategy, Freight, Freight Brokerage, Freight Delivery, Transportation Logistics, Logistics, Transportation, Transportation Brokerage, Trucking, Trucking Brokerage, Truckload Brokerage, Supply Chain, Supply Chain Solutions, 3PL, Third Party Logistics, Shipping, Non-Asset, Non-Asset Brokerage, OTR