Our client has provided transportation and logistical solutions for over 30 years to a growing list of world class customers. They believe a good carrier is a representation of their client’s brand and brand values. Their mission is to enhance their customer’s competitive position by providing safe, efficient and responsive transportation services one mile at a time.
Director of 3PL Sales
This role requires a closer look into developing this individual’s long-term career goals. The individual will be responsible for growing the customer base by maintaining and generating new business. In addition, this individual will develop advantageous pricing strategies.
Job Type: Full-time
- Leads the Branch’s sales process.
- Achieves or exceeds assigned sales goals including providing progress to goals to leadership.
- Set monthly, quarterly and yearly KPI goals based on volume, revenue, and gross margin growth for each customer.
- Generate and identify new sales opportunities through research, analysis, and discovery.
- Identify opportunities and gaps within the customer’s logistics and transportation needs.
- Established and maintains relations with both internal and external customers.
- Grow your book of business increasing volume, revenue, and gross margin from established and new customers.
- Develop a pipeline of new prospects and convert them to customers by securing more volume via newly contracted bids and spot market lanes and growing overall gross margin.
- Maintains an accurate buy cycle funnel of suspects, prospects, customers and overall opportunities.
- Set up meetings with shippers to sell truckload and brokerage services.
- Handle strategic negotiations and discuss pricing with customers for all modes of transportation.
- Manage conflicts, issues, and navigate difficult conversations with customers.
- Work with the carrier team to ensure loads for customers are picked up and delivered on time.
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in the transportation industry.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of the trucking and transportation brokerage industry.
- Ability to multitask and to manage several tasks at once.
- Proficient computer skills, including high level working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Effective communication skills with the ability to interact with all levels of professionals.
- Strong negotiation and analytical skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
This position offers a competitive base salary, commission, and benefit package.
Related to: Freight, Freight Brokerage, Freight Delivery, Transportation Logistics, Logistics, Transportation, Transportation Brokerage, Trucking, Trucking Brokerage, Truckload Brokerage, Supply Chain, Supply Chain Solutions, 3PL, Third Party Logistics, Shipping, Non-Asset, Non-Asset Brokerage, OTR, Dryvan, Dry Van, Box Trailer, Dry Goods Shipping, Non-Perishable Shipping, Container, Long Haul, Short Haul, Tractor Trailer, TL, Truckload, FTL, Full Truckload, Truck Load, Semi, Tractor-Trailer, LTL, Less Than Load, Less Than Truckload, Partial Load, Partial Shipment, Parcel, Small Parcel, lead generation, networking, cold calling, revenue growth, negotiate rates, customer service, RFP, RFQ, business development, enterprise, CRM, prospect, client development, client relationships, Director, Regional Director, Senior Director, Leadership, Leader