Headquartered in Ohio, our client is the leading manufacturer of high performance thermoplastic corrugated pipe, providing a comprehensive suite of water management products and drainage solutions. Their innovative products and superior drainage solutions are used across a broad range of end markets and applications, including residential, non-residential, agriculture and infrastructure applications. They have established a leading position in many of these end markets by leveraging their national sales and distribution platform, overall product breadth and scale, and their manufacturing excellence.
The Demand Planner is responsible for facilitating the creation of robust demand plans, analyzing key trends, and providing appropriate and accurate forecast signals for production supply to the customer while building effective partnerships with sales team. The Demand Planner partners with Planning Manager on reaching forecast consensus identifying and mitigating opportunities and risks. This position regularly interacts with sales, marketing, finance, and other business partners. This position will also support annual budgeting process to identify opportunity and identify risks.
Job Type: Full-time/Hybrid Schedule
- Collaborate with sales and marketing in the creation and monitoring of item level forecast.
- Coordinate cross-functional research activities to reconcile significant variances and refine the forecast to reflect updated assumptions.
- Utilize a collaborative approach to obtain and ensure that current and accurate information is used for demand forecasts.
- Participate and support monthly Consensus S&OP meetings with Sales, Marketing, Supply Chain and Finance
- Track actual vs. forecast, highlight trends to management and incorporates feedback into process improvement plans.
- Generate multiple demand scenarios, identifying and raising visibility to risks and opportunities.
- Provide key inputs and assumptions of forecast to key stakeholders.
- Review historical sales trends, research demand drivers, prepare forecast data, develop statistical forecast models, and evaluate forecast results.
- Review market forecast analysis to determine customer volume patterns and drive overall monthly forecast accuracy target.
- Participate in long range planning activities. Work with Sales to gain valuable insights to trends and key volume drivers.
- Planning system maintenance including but not limited to ensuring accurate set-up and data integrity within system, reviewing exceptions, executing demand planning calendar tasks on time, leading, and providing input on forecast related meetings, understand statistical modeling and how user input impacts the forecast, and reviewing consumption trends and taking corrective action/research.
- Drive continuous improvement by examining existing demand planning processes and making recommendations for improvement. Track change performance.
- Share knowledge cross-functionally and participate in cross-functional projects as needed.
- Drive continuous improvement of forecast accuracy and bias through a developed understanding of demand by providing, gathering, and challenging information.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, management, finance, or Supply Chain.
- Two years’ experience working in demand and/or FP&A.
- Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Able to build productive workplace relationships that foster collaboration while appropriately challenging status quo and assumptions.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel.
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Able to present to executive audiences.
- Ability to influence and align multiple perspectives and opinions.
- Able to demonstrate agility under pressure.
- Self-starter who is able to operate independently while managing multiple priorities
This position offers a competitive base salary.
Related to: Shipper, Manufacturer, Distributor, Distribution, Fulfillment, Supply Chain, Supply Chain Operations, Distribution Center, Fulfillment Center, Warehouse, Logistics, Analytics, Analyst, Data Analysis, EDI, Data Engineering, Reporting, Systems, Automation, Conversions, Data Visualization, Metrics, ERP, Continuous Improvement, Statistics, Demand, Analytics, buyer, buying, purchasing, inventory, SKU, stock levels, forecasting, brands, products, supply chain, vendors, suppliers, product variability, procure, procurement, Independent Contributor, Team Player, Individual Contributor, IC