Customer Account Representative
City & State:
Mid Level Independent Contributor
Non-Asset (Traditional Brokerage)
Our client was founded in 2007 and has since evolved into a Top 100 3PL (third-party logistics) transportation provider servicing middle-market, as well as Fortune 500 companies. With a total customer focus and team-driven processes, our client is built to provide their customers with turnkey solutions specifically designed to cater to their transportation needs. It is the vibrant atmosphere and the people that really make the difference. Hiring energetic, driven, and talented team players have such a positive impact on the evolving culture. In the spirit of growth and development, employees are encouraged to provide opinions, collaborate with their peers and constantly share ideas on how to improve.
Customer Account Representative:
The Customer Account Representative role is responsible for providing world class customer service to existing clients as well as developing and growing current accounts as assigned. This position manages a book of business while striving to build and maintain relationships with a “customer first” approach. In this role, it is necessary to be able to work well under pressure in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment with the understanding of urgency and forward thinking to provide solutions to clients.
- Operate as a primary contact for customers and carriers regarding all matters specific to assigned accounts.
- Build and maintain relationships with existing/assigned customer accounts.
- Negotiate pricing with customers and make financial decisions using assigned financial parameter guide with regard to customer and company freight spend.
- Accountable to achieve monthly account GP$ targets and grow assigned accounts where possible.
- Build shipments in TMS in accordance with customer specifications.
- Proactively provide updates and communication to customers on all shipments.
- Respond to customer communications with speed and accuracy.
- Collect hard copy Proof of Deliveries from receiving locations (as necessary).
- Analyze and solve issues to arrive at solutions with little oversight from supervisors.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Working knowledge and practical experience of the transportation and logistics industry.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high energy workplace
- Building and developing strong relationships.
- Persuading, motivating, negotiating and influencing skills.
- Forward thinking with a focus on securing new opportunities.
- Understanding urgency and time critical operations to support the needs of the clients.
- Phone skill rapport.
- Highly motivated, enthusiastic and self-driven.
This position offers a competitive base salary.
Related to: Freight, Freight Brokerage, Freight Delivery, Transportation Logistics, Logistics, Transportation, Transportation Brokerage, Trucking, Trucking Brokerage, Truckload Brokerage, Supply Chain, Supply Chain Solutions, 3PL, Third Party Logistics, Shipping, Non-Asset, Non-Asset Brokerage, OTR, customer service, client relationships, customer relationships, client growth, maintain clients, account maintenance, build relationships, grow clientele, grow business, RFP, RFQ, generate sales, lead generation, networking, cold calling, revenue growth, negotiate rates, customer service, RFP, RFQ, business development, enterprise, CRM, prospect, client development, client relationships, TL, Truckload, FTL, Full Truckload, Truck Load, Semi, Tractor-Trailer