Our client offers a variety of logistics services including transportation of frac sand for the oil and gas industry as well as OTR dry van services, bulk dairy transportation in tankers, and dry bulk ingredients in hopper bottoms. Since their inception, their drivers have delivered products from building materials to chemicals, raw milk to pet food ingredients, machinery to textiles, and everything in between across the country. Meanwhile, their pneumatic trailers have been busy hauling frac sand in Texas, Oklahoma, and Louisiana around the clock. With over 20 years of industry experience, their team is ready to meet any of your unique transportation needs.
Job Type: Full-time
Cradle to Grave Sales Executive
This role will be responsible for the complete sales process including prospecting, lead generation, pricing and closing business. This role requires having the ability to analyze, create presentations with experience working with customer service, and manage the startup process after the sale. This role will be expected to utilize personal contacts, networking, and negotiating to grow sustainable profitable business relationships. This role will also work to increase revenue and maximize profitability.
- Prospect and develop strong professional relationships to sell transportation brokerage services.
- Provide full cycle customer service from contract to delivery.
- Understand the customers’ shipping needs, negotiate rates, contract carriers/trucking companies in order to find the most efficient shipping option, provide order tracking and ultimately delivery confirmation.
- Manage multiple priorities and maintain the flow of business information with a sense of urgency.
- Contact customers on a daily basis maintain and grow relationships and to generate revenue.
- Identify sales opportunities and close sales.
- Grow new and existing business and have a proven ability to maximize relationships with carriers and customers utilizing personal contacts, networking and negotiating to grow sustainable profitable business relationships.
- Increase revenue and maximize profitability.
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- 2+ years of brokerage sales and operations experience.
- 2+ years of customer sales experience.
- Verifiable growth track record.
- Pricing and margin integrity achieved through effective negotiation skills.
- Previous experience creating a carrier following and managing KPI’s (i.e. customer development, profitability, market penetration).
- Customer following preferred but not required.
- Computer literate: Microsoft (i.e. Excel, Word, PowerPoint, & Outlook).
This position offers a competitive base salary plus commission.