Our client specializes in final mile logistics solutions to help
you meet the evolving needs of your customers. With a growing line haul network,
regional cross-dock and pool point facilities, final mile delivery expertise, and courier
services, you can count on our client to get the job done.
Client Carrier Manager
This role will Lead, manage and supervise (LMS) all aspects and day-to-
day operations of the Corporate Dispatch and Customer Support teams.
Job Type: Full-time
- Lead, manage and supervise (LMS) all aspects and day-to-day operations of the Corporate Dispatch and Customer Support teams.
- Manage and direct the creation and implementation of dispatch and customer service SOPs.
- Create and compile information reports daily to identify areas for potential carrier and customer experience issues and implement improvement(s) based on the collection, analysis, and evaluation of appropriate data.
- Support Sales and Operations as needed to fulfill and exceed customer expectations.
- Drive the coordination between the Central Dispatch and Customer Support Departments to ensure all communications are captured and acted upon in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Ensure our clients’ asset and contracted drivers and carriers are meeting all expectations and requirements of a Safety-First culture.
- Provide input to contracted carriers regarding their operations performance in relation to their contractual requirements.
- Identify, develop, and evaluate key performance indicators (“KPIs”) and other metrics for dispatch and customer service to be able to address all exceptions timely and solve problems as they arise.
- Serve as the communication liaison for Dispatch and Customer Support, and between all other departments.
- Ensure that the flow of communications, internally and externally, is seamless.
- Promote and manage the team to our client’s core values and annual goals.
- Coach, champion and lead departmental improvements.
- Perform emergency duties during high volume and staff shortages.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- 3+ years’ Dispatch and Customer Service experience preferred.
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to present confidently and demonstrate diplomacy in oral and written form via telephone and email.
- Excellent time management skills required.
- Demonstrated experience implementing and/or managing various projects.
- Ability to recognize and handle sensitive and confidential information discreetly and tactfully.
- True self-starter with high energy and professional demeanor.
- Ability to interact, influence and impact individuals at all levels within the organization.
- Ability to prioritize and manage a variety of tasks and to meet various deadlines.
- Ability to solve practical problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw reasonable conclusions.
- Proficiency with commonly used Microsoft software programs, including Office suite.
- Strong attention to detail.
This position offers a competitive base salary.
Related to:Freight, Freight Brokerage, Freight Delivery, Transportation Logistics, Logistics, Transportation, Transportation Brokerage, Trucking, Trucking Brokerage, Truckload Brokerage, Supply Chain, Supply Chain Solutions, 3PL, Third Party Logistics, Shipping, Non-Asset, Non-Asset Brokerage, OTR, Dryvan, Dry Van, Box Trailer, Dry Goods Shipping, Non-Perishable Shipping, Container, Long Haul, Short Haul, Tractor Trailer, Expedite, Just in time, just-in-time, last minute, package delivery, last-mile, team drivers, sprinter van, ECommerce, Last Mile Shipping, Final Mile Shipping, Final Mile Delivery, Last Mile Delivery, Hot Shot, Courier, Auto, Plant, Assembly, Manufacture, Build, Automation, Robotics, production, inventory, parts, supply chain, stamping, metals, E-commerce, mobile shopping, applications, supply chain, affiliate marketing, A/B testing, average order value, bundling, cohort analysis, conversion, cross-selling, cookies, fulfillment, SEO, SKU, Web analytics, Customer service, client relationships, customer relationships, client growth, maintain clients, account maintenance, build relationships, grow clientele, grow business, RFP, RFQ, generate sales, Manager, Management, Supervisor, Team Lead, Team Management, Middle Management