CDC Site Director
City & State:
Warehousing, Shipper (Manufacturer or Distributor)
Our client is proud to be a leading innovator for industry solutions and services. They boast the latest and greatest advancements in technology to make the buying process seamless, while not displacing their commitment to customer satisfaction. Their dedication to elevating their e-commerce platform, business process software and e-learning modules provides their employees with the tools needed to succeed and stay ahead of the competition. Privately held and American-owned, they’re committed to local decision-making and the entrepreneurial spirit. Their innovative, growing and changing the world. As the world evolves and moves toward cleaner, more efficient energy sources, so has our client. Be in residential, or commercial, industrial or utility, the world runs on products and services from their best-in-class electrical distribution businesses. With over 100+ years of experience, our client is the country’s largest independent electrical wholesale distributor. They are comprised of 10 regional businesses selling products from over 1,000 manufacturers out of 125 brick and mortar locations. At any point, they’re carrying over $100M of inventory across 300,000 unique products specializing in lighting, wire & wiring devices, tools, power distribution, control automation, datacom and solar.
CDC Site Director:
Our client has an exciting opportunity for a General Manager/ Operations Site Leader that will be responsible for all site operations and building management. Candidates who have familiarity with working in a union environment and in the NYC market are encouraged to apply. This is a highly visible role that reports directly to the Senior Director of CDC Operations.
- Manage internal and external building operations to achieve optimal efficiencies.
- Lead and manage operational expenses and seek constant cost improvements.
- Evaluate and implement process improvements across all site functions.
- Successfully negotiate and provide conflict resolution with vendors, staff, and cross-regional sales organizations.
- Ensure facility is compliant with all federal and local laws, including OSHA requirements.
- Analyze and oversight of staffing requirements for areas of responsibility.
- Conduct daily and weekly performance meetings as needed.
- Manage, mentor, and lead a management staff of up to 15 direct reports.
- Maintaecurity of all company assets.
- Travel to other branch locations (approximately 10%).
- Full P&L responsibility.
- Other duties as assigned by the Senior Director of CDC Operations.
- Maintain safety and procedure complian.
- 7+ years of progressively responsible experience as a General Manager and/or Site Leader within any large-scale distribution environment.
- Experience in the electrical industry as a manager in the New York City
- Experience in managing entire warehouse operations.
- Strong track record and demonstrated ability to meet operational and financial goals through strong project management and creative problem solving.
- Excellent team building, employee coaching, and training skills that develop each leader.
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation communication skills coupled with the proven ability to develop, implement, and manage end-to-end supply chain solutions.
- Advanced Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook skills.
This position offers a competitive base salary.