Our client is a non-asset based third-party logistics (3PL) firm. Their business was founded in 2009 with a goal to provide the best customer service in the industry. That same goal continues to drive them, day in and day out. Their service and expertise has resulted in successful relationships with clients ranging from the Fortune 500 to emerging start-ups. They specialize in temperature controlled freight. There are countless details involved with carrying perishable freight, and they are extremely well-versed in all aspects. They are experts at what they do.
Job Type: Full-time/ Work from home
Carrier Sales Representative (Remote)
This role will be responsible for managing the new carrier side of business, and handling operational functions to get freight from point A to point B. The ideal candidate will kick off their role working on development of a carrier database and response to RFPs for current freight opportunities. As new business begins to hit the board, they will lead a team on day-to-day freight movement and also manage carrier relationships.
- Communicate with thousands of carriers for the company RFP.
- Obtain contracts and insurance information for prospective carriers.
- Ensure carriers meet and/or exceed the required safety level.
- Prospect for new carriers that fit the company needs.
- Enter data into company CRM system.
- Develop carrier sales strategy.
- Interview and hire carrier sales employees.
- Teach new hires about the transportation industry.
- Two-year degree or higher.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in the 3PL industry on carrier side.
- Produce experience required.
- Reefer experience preferred.
- Experience with refrigerated/temperature controlled freight is a plus
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to learn quickly in a fast-paced, high-stress environment.
- High attention to deal.
- Ability to interact with coworkers and customers in professional manner at all times.
- Team-first attitude.
This position offers a competitive base salary.
Related to: Freight, Freight Brokerage, Freight Delivery, Transportation Logistics, Logistics, Transportation, Transportation Brokerage, Trucking, Trucking Brokerage, Truckload Brokerage, Supply Chain, Supply Chain Solutions, 3PL, Third Party Logistics, Shipping, Non-Asset, Non-Asset Brokerage, OTR, Dryvan, Dry Van, Box Trailer, Dry Goods Shipping, Non-Perishable Shipping, Container, Long Haul, Short Haul, Tractor Trailer, TL, Truckload, FTL, Full Truckload, Truck Load, Semi, Tractor-Trailer, Refrigerated, Reefer, Temp Controlled, Temperature Controlled, protect from freeze, cold chain, cooling, track, trace, negotiate rates, cold calling, load coverage, book loads, freight lanes, delivery, carrier procurement, freight operations, pricing, TMS, RFP, carrier relationship development, load boards, freight broker, Independent Contributor, Team Player, Individual Contributor, IC