Our client is a transportation provider. Our client offers high-quality brokerage and freight management services while their logistics division is an asset-based provider for dry van, dedicated fleet services. With our client as your provider, you’ll get a valued partner with a range of service options.
Job Type: Full-time/ Work from home
Carrier Sales Representative (Remote)
This role will provide critical support services to our client’s brokerage by selling freight and building trusted relationships with carrier partners to fulfill service guarantees to customers. Whether working on transactional or contracted freight, this role will work to constantly build regular internal total capacity and provide critical information regarding the movement of freight to their counterparts in customer sales.
- Engage carriers to sell freight and build daily internal capacity, pre-booking as necessary.
- Accurately communicate rate confirmations and load details to carrier.
- Develop relationships with carriers and perform research and development to expand carrier base.
- Utilize Transportation Management System (McLeod) to send rate cons, provide driver and load information and provide updates on carrier partners.
- Develop and expand upon understanding of market cycles, seasonalities, factors that affect the supply and demand of freight and other trends that affect shipper and carrier rates.
- Be a team player and provide support to team members and customer sales representatives.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associate’s degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school.
- Six months to 1 year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Intermediate mathematical abilities.
- Organized and capable of prioritizing under strict timelines.
- Interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Database software, contract management systems and word processing experience.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret the most complex documents.
- Responds effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints.
- Ability to write documents using original or innovative techniques or style.
- Capable of speaking effectively before groups of customers or employees.
This position offers a competitive base salary plus commission.
Related to: Freight, Freight Brokerage, Freight Delivery, Transportation Logistics, Logistics, Transportation, Transportation Brokerage, Trucking, Trucking Brokerage, Truckload Brokerage, Supply Chain, Supply Chain Solutions, 3PL, Third Party Logistics, Shipping, Non-Asset, Non-Asset Brokerage, OTR, Dryvan, Dry Van, Box Trailer, Dry Goods Shipping, Non-Perishable Shipping, Container, Long Haul, Short Haul, Tractor Trailer, Flatbed, flat bed, flat-bed, tie downs, dunnage, conestoga, curtain side, lowboy, tarp, permit loads,Oversized, Over-dimensional, OD, RGN, Removable Gooseneck, Low boy, drop-deck, flat-bed, special permit, TL, Truckload, FTL, Full Truckload, Truck Load, Semi, Tractor-TrailerTL, Truckload, FTL, Full Truckload, Truck Load, Semi, Tractor-Trailer, LTL, Less Than Load, Less Than Truckload, Partial Load, Partial Shipment, Parcel, Small Parcel, Refrigerated, Reefer, Temp Controlled, Temperature Controlled, protect from freeze, cold chain, cooling, track, trace, negotiate rates, cold calling, load coverage, book loads, freight lanes, delivery, carrier procurement, freight operations, pricing, TMS, RFP, carrier relationship development, load boards, freight broker, Entry Level, Entry-Level, Recent Graduate, College Graduate, No Experience, Independent Contributor, Team Player, Individual Contributor, IC