Our client has been a quality transportation resource for over 13 years due to our reputation, service excellence and ability to grow with our customers. Their area of expertise is partial truckload shipments ranging from 4 to 18 pallets. The also offer services and a variety of equipment for full truckloads and expedited shipments for both nationwide and Canada.
Carrier Sales Representative
As a Carrier Sales Representative you will source, negotiate, and secure carriers to move available freight in a timely and cost-effective manner.
Job Type: Full-time
- Cover day-to-day loads as well as future available.
- Prospect for new carriers and develop new service areas.
- Cultivate strong core carrier relationships while negotiating and securing carriers to move freight.
- Succeed at heavy price and service negotiation.
- Maintain continuous communication with carriers and customers reps to ensure a high-quality freight movement process.
- Support sales staff with RFQs and Spot Rates
- Ensure all parties are informed of route changes, delays, freight concerns or other issues as necessary use discretion and insight when considering all factors affecting timeframe, including weather, traffic, miles, service rules, etc.
- Follow established procedures and protocols regarding all loads to ensure the integrity of the shipment and customers’ expectations.
- Accurately maintain and update information in the company’s operating systems.
- Conduct research to ensure an ever evolving learning atmosphere. Manage multiple projects simultaneously with a sense of urgency.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent related work or military experience.
- 1 year of transportation experience.
- 2 years of sales or customer service experience.
- The ability to work independently while operating inside of company policy as well as specific customer guidelines.
This position offers a competitive base salary.
Related to: Freight, Freight Brokerage, Freight Delivery, Transportation Logistics, Logistics, Transportation, Transportation Brokerage, Trucking, Trucking Brokerage, Truckload Brokerage, Supply Chain, Supply Chain Solutions, 3PL, Third Party Logistics, Shipping, Non-Asset, Non-Asset Brokerage, OTR, Dryvan, Dry Van, Box Trailer, Dry Goods Shipping, Non-Perishable Shipping, Container, Long Haul, Short Haul, Tractor Trailer, TL, Truckload, FTL, Full Truckload, Truck Load, Semi, Tractor-Trailer, LTL, Less Than Load, Less Than Truckload, Partial Load, Partial Shipment, Parcel, Small Parcel, track, trace, negotiate rates, cold calling, load coverage, book loads, freight lanes, delivery, carrier procurement, freight operations, pricing, TMS, RFP, carrier relationship development, load boards, freight broker, freight operations, customer service, tracking, tracing, pricing, planning, driver dispatching, post-delivery, transactional freight, shipment, delivery, Independent Contributor, Team Player, Individual Contributor, IC