Our client is a fully bonded and insured full service transportation company servicing all points domestic and Canada. They are dedicated to helping customers save on distribution and transportation costs while improving delivery reliability. They specialize in small to large partials (10-30ft) but are equipped in all facets of freight and transportation. They work with all types of customers and industries from food brokers and processors, to manufacturers, distributors and importers/exporters.
Job Type: Full-time
Carrier Sales Representative
This role is responsible for coordinating our client’s shipments with their network of partner carriers as well as adding new carriers to their network. At our client’s company, you will be put into the mix on day 1 to get freight moving (immediate commission opportunity). As a young company, you may be required to work across multiple departments as our client’s requires a team effort from every partner at their company.
- Coordinate customer shipments.
- Add new carriers to our client’s network.
- Work cohesively with multiple departments.
- Associate degree preferred.
- 2 years of sales experience required.
- 1 year of customer service experience preferred
- 2+ years of carrier logistics sales experience and relationships with carriers.
- Should have strong attention to detail, be able to multi-task several projects daily and be a motivated, proactive self-starter.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills and Impressive negotiation skills.
- Must have the drive to learn and work in a fast-paced environment that is quickly growing.
- Dependable- more reliable than spontaneous.
- People-oriented- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects.
- High stress tolerance- thrives in a high-pressure environment.
This position offers a competitive base salary plus commission.
Related to: Freight, Freight Brokerage, Freight Delivery, Transportation Logistics, Logistics, Transportation, Transportation Brokerage, Trucking, Trucking Brokerage, Truckload Brokerage, Supply Chain, Supply Chain Solutions, 3PL, Third Party Logistics, Shipping, Non-Asset, Non-Asset Brokerage, OTR, Dryvan, Dry Van, Box Trailer, Dry Goods Shipping, Non-Perishable Shipping, Container, Long Haul, Short Haul, Tractor Trailer, Flatbed, flat bed, flat-bed, tie downs, dunnage, conestoga, curtain side, lowboy, tarp, permit loads,Oversized, Over-dimensional, OD, RGN, Removable Gooseneck, Low boy, drop-deck, flat-bed, special permit, LTL, Less Than Load, Less Than Truckload, Partial Load, Partial Shipment, Parcel, Small Parcel, track, trace, negotiate rates, cold calling, load coverage, book loads, freight lanes, delivery, carrier procurement, freight operations, pricing, TMS, RFP, carrier relationship development, load boards, freight broker, Independent Contributor, Team Player, Individual Contributor, IC