Our client is the nation’s fifth-largest asset-based truckload carrier by revenue, providing services throughout the U.S. and across North America. They own a fleet of over 8,000 dry van trucks running nationally across the 48 states. They started a brokerage in 2008 to move overflow freight off their board and broker out freight from asset-based customers. Their brokerage model is currently based on 100% overflow freight with an opportunity to still break into the market and bring on new organic business.
Job Type: Full-time
Carrier Sales Representative
This role will facilitate the successful movement of loads for customers by contracting and managing an outsourced network of transportation providers. This role will be responsible for tracking freight to ensure customer requirements are met by the selected transportation provider and ensuring customer service is the top priority by providing customers and carriers with the highest level of service possible.
- Possess a proactive attitude and strong relationship building skills.
- Build strong relationships with customers, carriers, drivers, and external/internal stakeholders.
- Develop and execute upon overall brokerage strategies.
- Negotiate rates and secure load coverage while maximizing profitability.
- Drive the use of our client’s digital and automated systems.
- Secure loads via carrier network.
- Participate in growth efforts to source new carrier leads and grow a book of business to meet the demands of our client’s customers.
- Provide world-class customer service through constant communication and support, by monitoring, tracking, and tracing all loads, and by resolving issues for carrier partners and customers.
- Stay up-to-date on market information about the supply and demand of capacity in the marketplace to understand market conditions and lane rates.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Bachelor degree in related field or equivalent experience required. Equivalent years of experience are defined as one year of professional experience for each year of college requested.
- 1-2 years of Sales, Marketing or Customer Service experience is preferred.
- Experience working in a deadline driven environment preferred.
- Experience in the transportation industry a plus.
- Ability to comfortably negotiate and persuade others.
- Manage and grow a network of carriers.
- A strong sense of urgency in order to thrive in a fast-paced work environment.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to multitask.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Good judgment and problem solving skills.
This position offers a competitive base salary plus commission.
Related to: Freight, Freight Brokerage, Freight Delivery, Transportation Logistics, Logistics, Transportation, Transportation Brokerage, Trucking, Trucking Brokerage, Truckload Brokerage, Supply Chain, Supply Chain Solutions, 3PL, Third Party Logistics, Shipping, Non-Asset, Non-Asset Brokerage, OTR, Dryvan, Dry Van, Box Trailer, Dry Goods Shipping, Non-Perishable Shipping, Container, Long Haul, Short Haul, Tractor Trailer, TL, Truckload, FTL, Full Truckload, Truck Load, Semi, Tractor-Trailer, LTL, Less Than Load, Less Than Truckload, Partial Load, Partial Shipment, Parcel, Small Parcel, track, trace, negotiate rates, cold calling, load coverage, book loads, freight lanes, delivery, carrier procurement, freight operations, pricing, TMS, RFP, carrier relationship development, load boards, freight broker, Entry Level, Entry-Level, Recent Graduate, College Graduate, No Experience, Independent Contributor, Team Player, Individual Contributor, IC