Our client is a leading third-party logistics provider focused on offering Managed Transportation and Freight Brokerage solutions. They were founded in 2012 and are focused on helping good people execute great transportation solutions. They are committed to fostering win-win relationships.
Job Type: Full-time
Carrier Sales Representative
This role will be responsible for ensuring carrier coverage and successful pick up for truckload freight. You will be able to create and maintain relationships with carriers across the U.S. to support true partnerships with trusted carriers. This critical role will drive the overall success of our operations team and allow you to strengthen your skills within the transportation industry.
- Target, establish and maintain relationships with the best motor carriers to provide outstanding service to our customers.
- Negotiate market-driven rates and ensure shipment on-time performance metrics are met with maximized profit.
- Provide timely, complete, and accurate shipment documentation and information to carriers and Customer team(s) and in the system.
- Contribute to high customer satisfaction through the target of 100% on-time coverage of all customer freight, including after-hours issue management when required.
- Ensure carriers are compliant with company standards and proactively communicate directly if they fall short of expectations.
- Utilize market knowledge of the assigned area, including trends and seasonal fluctuations, to provide support to sales and account management regarding rates and carrier availability.
- Build a base of strategic carrier relationships, rewarding carriers with consistent freight and using all downtime to prospect and learn about carrier's freight needs.
- Focus on coverage of same day freight in assigned areas.
- Coordinate available customer freight with available carrier equipment.
- Provide reliable, cost-effective coverage for all loads in assignment.
- Ensure that all proper load documentation and confirmation with the carrier is in place (Broker Carrier agreement, Rate Con, etc.).
- Dispatch carrier and driver in a timely manner with all pertinent information to limit fall-offs and missed pickups to a minimum.
- Proactively advise Customer team of any coverage and related issues.
- Drive carrier adoption of electronic tracking on every load.
- Manage accessorial charges to maximize profit throughout the lifecycle of the load.
- Manage issues as needed, including for a rotating weekly after-hours/weekend coverage responsibility.
- Prospect and onboard carriers to execute according to customer shipping requirements.
- Use available information and tools to identify carriers matched to customer freight and contact the identified carriers.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Experience in Carrier Sales, Transportation, or Logistics required.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to negotiate, motivate and influence others.
- Strong customer service and relationship-building skills.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills with attention to detail.
- Excellent problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Strong work ethic.
This position offers a competitive base salary.
Related to: Freight, Freight Brokerage, Freight Delivery, Transportation Logistics, Logistics, Transportation, Transportation Brokerage, Trucking, Trucking Brokerage, Truckload Brokerage, Supply Chain, Supply Chain Solutions, 3PL, Third Party Logistics, Shipping, Non-Asset, Non-Asset Brokerage, OTR, track, trace, negotiate rates, cold calling, load coverage, book loads, freight lanes, delivery, carrier procurement, freight operations, pricing, TMS, RFP, carrier relationship development, load boards, freight broker, TL, Truckload, FTL, Full Truckload