Our client is a rapidly growing logistics company located in Chattanooga, TN specializing in over the road transportation. They have extensive experience working in conjunction with a variety of industries utilizing their thoroughly vetted carrier network. They are privileged to have successful value-add relationships with many small and midsize businesses through Fortune 500 partner clients. If given the opportunity, they will become your most reliable transportation partner.
Job Type: Full-time
Carrier Sales Representative
Our client’s ideal candidate will have a background in soliciting and booking truckload freight from direct shippers and logistics company nationwide. Having an established group of carriers nationwide to support this group is essential. A plus would be to present a book a business that you can bring to our client’s company in this new role. This position is considered an “A Player” in the market and should be relentless in their interest in wanting to grow with the right company with the right commission structure to match their qualities and capabilities. The ideal candidate will also have interest in growing a team under them as a POD Leader as they grow their customer base or network.
- Solicit new business for truckload brokerage via outbound calls.
- Solicit existing accounts for incremental growth via truckload coverage and other services that our client provides such as expedite, air freight, reefer, flatbed, LTL, domestic and international air freight.
- Work together in a team environment
- Answer emails from customers “after hours” should it be needed.
- Provide and negotiate freight rates to carriers.
- Manage your daily shipments to ensure coverage, timely pick-up and delivery.
- Collaborate internally with your team on pricing strategy and account implementation plans.
- Communicate effectively both internally and externally.
- Resolve transportation problems with urgency and professionalism.
- Maintain strong grasp and market knowledge of shipping lanes, geography, and seasonality.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 1+ year of professional experience.
- 1+ year of transportation experience.
- 2+ years of sales and/or customer service.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Self-motivated and able to work well with minimal supervision or in a team environment.
- Possess very strong customer service, written and communication skills.
- Possess a positive attitude and desire to learn.
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- Strong decision-making skills.
This position offers a competitive base salary plus commission.
Related to: Freight, Freight Brokerage, Freight Delivery, Transportation Logistics, Logistics, Transportation, Transportation Brokerage, Trucking, Trucking Brokerage, Truckload Brokerage, Supply Chain, Supply Chain Solutions, 3PL, Third Party Logistics, Shipping, Non-Asset, Non-Asset Brokerage, OTR, track, trace, negotiate rates, cold calling, load coverage, book loads, freight lanes, delivery, carrier procurement, freight operations, pricing, TMS, RFP, carrier relationship development, load boards, freight broker, TL, Truckload, FTL, Full Truckload