Carrier Sales Representative
City & State:
Elk Grove Village, IL
Mid Level Independent Contributor
Carrier Sales (Brokering/Capacity Management)
Non-Asset (Traditional Brokerage)
Our client is a young and fast-growing company based in Elk Grove Village, Illinois. Their team is comprised of enthusiastic and highly skilled logistics professionals committed to providing exceptional service to clients across North America. Their primary goal is to create and develop relationships with their clients, carrier partners, vendors and everyone they do business with. They pride themselves in finding the best solutions for their customers' needs while maintaining the highest level of service at a fair price.
Carrier Sales Representative:
This role is responsible for building strong relationships with carriers and providing excellent follow up and customer service. This position will also be responsible for daily communications with customers, and negotiating rates with carriers and resolving any customer issues in a timely manner.
Job Type: Full-time
- Source, qualify, and add, carriers to our client’s network.
- Maintain and develop close relationships with carriers through daily communication and create field for long-term and successful collaboration.
- Research and provide market-competitive rates.
- Negotiate competitive rates with carriers through a deep understanding of the market and seasonality in order to provide customer with high quality service.
- Work closely with the operations managers and sales team to ensure shipments are covered with the best viable option.
- Solve problems and make decisions quickly and efficiently.
- Provide superior customer service.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field of study.
- Minimum of 2 years of sales and industry experience.
- Excellent sales and negotiation skills.
- Ability to work cohesively and efficiently on a team.
- Strong verbal and written communication, interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Ability to multi-task and follow through.
- Energetic, detail-oriented and highly motivated.
This position offers a competitive base salary plus commission.
Related to: TL, Truckload, FTL, Full Truckload, track, trace, negotiate rates, cold calling, load coverage, book loads, freight lanes, delivery, carrier procurement, freight operations, pricing, TMS, RFP, carrier relationship development, load boards, freight broker, Freight, Freight Brokerage, Freight Delivery, Transportation Logistics, Logistics, Transportation, Transportation Brokerage, Trucking, Trucking Brokerage, Truckload Brokerage, Supply Chain, Supply Chain Solutions, 3PL, Third Party Logistics, Shipping, Non-Asset, Non-Asset Brokerage, OTR