Carrier Sales Representative
City & State:
Mid Level Independent Contributor
Carrier Sales (Brokering/Capacity Management)
Non-Asset (Traditional Brokerage)
Our client is a provider of logistics, consulting, and transportation services throughout North America, Canada, and Mexico. They are a team of dedicated employees and a premier network of independent agents. They offer full-service logistics services including full truckload, LTL, rail, refrigerated, and oversize/over dimensional.
Carrier Sales Representative:
This individual will be responsible for finding the trucking companies that physically move clients freight using freight software solutions and technology. This person will build and develop carrier relationships and negotiate competitive carrier rates, while maintaining Company revenue and margin goals. Carrier Sales Representatives also ensure that freight is picked up, transported, and delivered on time to meet and/or exceed our client’s expectations.
- Source and procure carrier services through negotiation on a spot or transactional basis while meeting individual, team, and Company revenue margin goals.
- Prospect and cultivate new carrier leads to establish capacity.
- Ensure timely pickup and delivery of customer freight.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with current and prospective carriers.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent relevant experience in the Transportation/Logistics industry preferred.
- Sales, negotiation or communication experience preferred.
- Strong desire to learn and work in a fast-paced, energetic environment.
- Driven and competitive nature with strong problem-solving abilities.
- Strong decision-making skills, attention to detail, and the ability to work independently.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Outstanding communication and negotiation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
This position offers a competitive base salary.
Related to: Freight, Freight Brokerage, Freight Delivery, Transportation Logistics, Logistics, Transportation, Transportation Brokerage, Trucking, Trucking Brokerage, Truckload Brokerage, Supply Chain, Supply Chain Solutions, 3PL, Third Party Logistics, Shipping, Non-Asset, Non-Asset Brokerage, OTR, track, trace, negotiate rates, cold calling, load coverage, book loads, freight lanes, delivery, carrier procurement, freight operations, pricing, TMS, RFP, carrier relationship development, load boards, freight broker