Carrier Sales Representative
City & State:
Entry Level Independent Contributor
Carrier Sales (Brokering/Capacity Management)
Non-Asset (Traditional Brokerage), Asset
Our client has a fleet of over 8,000 dry van trucks running nationally across the 48 states. They started a brokerage in 2008 to move overflow freight off their board and broker out freight from asset-based customers. Their brokerage model is currently based on 100% overflow freight with an opportunity to still break into the market and bring on new organic business.
Carrier Sales Representative:
Facilitate the successful movement of loads for customers by contracting and managing an outsourced network of transportation providers. Track freight to ensure customer requirements are met by the selected transportation provider. Make customer service the top priority by providing customers and carriers with the highest level of service possible.
- Manage carrier relationship to negotiate rates and secure load coverage while maximizing profitability.
- Source new carrier leads and grow the company carrier base via lead generation, cold calling, and referrals.
- Develop and maintain quality working relationships with carriers, transportation providers, drivers and external/internal stakeholders.
- Work with carrier base to drive the use of company digital and automated systems.
- Secure loads via carrier network and enroll carriers in ELD.
- Utilizes carrier network and relationships to grow book of business to meet the demands of customers.
- Act as a representative to contracted carriers by providing constant communication and support.
- Work with internal teams to resolve issues for carrier partners and customers.
- Manage communication/documentation for Carriers and Drivers in the systems.
- Maintain all preferred lanes, live trucks, and service offerings by carrier partners properly in the systems.
- Gather and communicate market information about the supply and demand of capacity in the marketplace to understand market conditions and lane rates.
- Review carrier credentials to ensure they meet company compliance and customer requirements.
- Responsible for monitoring, tracking, and tracing all loads.
- Make service the top priority by providing carriers with the highest level of service possible.
- 1-2 years of Sales, Marketing or Customer Service experience is preferred.
- Experience working in a deadline driven environment preferred.
- Experience in the transportation industry a plus.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Bachelor degree in related field or equivalent experience required. Equivalent years of experience are defined as one year of professional experience for each year of college requested.
- Ability to comfortably negotiate and persuade others.
- Manage and grow a network of carriers.
- A strong sense of urgency in order to thrive in a fast-paced work environment.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to multitask.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Good judgment and problem solving skills.
This position offers a competitive base salary.