Carrier Sales Representative
City & State:
Mid Level Independent Contributor
Carrier Sales (Brokering/Capacity Management)
Non-Asset (Traditional Brokerage)
Our client provides truckload transportation services and contract logistics management to small and Fortune 500 manufacturers and distributors throughout North America. As a non-asset based third-party transportation provider, they bring vast distribution experience, resources and solutions that ultimately help customers to achieve supply-chain excellence.
Carrier Sales Representative:
The Carrier Sales Representative is an ambitious, career-minded individual who will be joining the company’s operations team. The position will be responsible for serving as the primary point of contact for multiple stakeholders within the company’s network of providers and customers to ensure daily supply chain excellence.
- Collaborate with carriers to cultivate long-term, mutually rewarding relationships.
- Manage carriers and shipments.
- Manage service level provided by carrier.
- Dispatch and direct drivers to pick-up and delivery locations.
- Communicate proactively with all carriers.
- Anticipate, identify and resolve customer and/or carrier issues proactively or as they occur.
- Ensure loads are booked with pre-qualified carriers based on company’s carrier qualification standards.
- Be an advocate and manage all aspects of the carrier. (billing, etc.)
- Build carrier relationships.
- Management and development of carrier base.
- Source and negotiate transactions with attention to gross margin dollars and percent.
- 1-2 years’ experience preferred.
- Two or four-year degree required, or relevant work experience.
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Leadership characteristics and ability make fast decisions with sound judgment.
- Contribute in a highly charged, service-driven, team-oriented environment.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Solid work ethic, initiative and commitment to excellent customer service.
- Excellent PC skills with strong working knowledge of MS Office Suite.
- Highly detailed and organized.
This position offers a competitive base salary commission.
Related to: Freight, Freight Brokerage, Freight Delivery, Transportation Logistics, Logistics, Transportation, Transportation Brokerage, Trucking, Trucking Brokerage, Truckload Brokerage, Supply Chain, Supply Chain Solutions, 3PL, Third Party Logistics, Shipping, Non-Asset, Non-Asset Brokerage, OTR, track, trace, negotiate rates, cold calling, load coverage, book loads, freight lanes, delivery, carrier procurement, freight operations, pricing, TMS, RFP, carrier relationship development, load boards, freight broker, TL, Truckload, FTL, Full Truckload