Our client is a full-service Third-Party Logistics firm (3PL) specializing in Supply Chain Management Solutions including: Over the road (LTL & FTL), expedited air shipments, warehousing and distribution. Having a full range of value-added services and a global network of partners and suppliers; They can manage all your Logistics and Supply Chain requirements. As a 24- hour and 7 day per week operation, our client offers a 100% customer service guarantee; executing all the necessary components required to ensure the safe and timely management of your freight. Their dispatch team and customer service representatives are trained, industry-savvy professionals who employ an extensive knowledge base and listen carefully to customer requirements. Our client maintains a level of unrivaled professionalism that permeates our entire organization.
Carrier Sales Representative
The Carrier Sales Representative will work closely with our extensive network of carriers, as well as develop new relationships focusing on improving efficiency and managing transportation costs. They source and procure the carrier services that will physically move freight for clients. The top priority is ensuring timely pick-up and delivery of customer freight while building and maintaining relationships with carriers.
- Source and procure carrier services to ensure timely pick-up and delivery of customer freight.
- Work closely with Customer Relations to schedule all shipments.
- Negotiate rates with carriers on a spot or transaction basis.
- Utilize carrier analytics and other internal resources to make informed buying decisions.
- Resolve problems, including identifying issues, thinking critically to determine the best course of action, and implementing solutions.
- Daily contact with carriers to determine availability and negotiate transportation rates.
- Provide consistent and exceptional service levels to contracted carriers and internal customers.
- Research new carriers in the marketplace, generate leads, and develop new carrier relationships.
- Understand the TMS platform and drive automation.
- Study and understand market trends and seasonality of freight.
- Meet or exceed required margin and revenue goals.
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant equivalent experience.
- Driven and competitive nature.
- Fast-paced and able to multitask in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to take verbal/written instruction and execute with confidence.
- Impressive negotiation skills.
- Team player who can also produce independent results.
This position offers a competitive base salary.