Our client is an asset-based logistics operation providing solutions that enhance the optimal level of capability to their customers, without compromising on service. By offering customers the ability to handle all of your transportation needs with one call, they can increase your ability to focus more efforts on your core business, leaving the transportation to us.
Job Type: Full-time
Carrier Sales Manager
This role is responsible to assist in the leadership, growth, and development of our client’s logistics branch. This position will be held accountable for the development of a team of exceptional people and for embodying and demonstrating the core values of quality, integrity and continuous improvement. This role will accomplish this by utilizing communication, organizational, creativity skills to maximize revenue potential while meeting customer service/operational requirements and organizational goals. This role will report to the General Manager of Carrier Sales.
- Assist in the day to day management of multiple company locations (by region) on the day to day order prioritization and assigning of team staff for coverage.
- Assist and potentially decide in the recruitment and hiring of individuals that will be key players in the success and growth of each office.
- Successfully build strong partnerships with internal and external customers or carriers as an escalation point.
- Coach, train, and motivate Carrier Sales Specialists (CSS members), and any other people in roles that may be developed.
- Mentor, delegate and elevate reports through personal one on one coaching.
- Review Carriers Sales staff baseline metrics and assist Team Leads in setting up a corrective action plan.
- Review and coach reports on carrier pricing and availability before for Logistics Sales staff submits quotes back to customers.
- Help direct reports resolve any challenges that may arise concerning the successful execution of the load from tendering, delivering, receivables, and payment of carriers.
- Update all Team Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and any other necessary tasks that enhance improvement to the success of the branch.
- Perform quarterly performance appraisals on all direct reports.
- Assist team to improve, develop and grow customer or carrier commitments.
- Assist team in Carriers reviews, award and/or discipline in regards to their service.
- Communicate daily and weekly information vital to the success of the branch back to the GM concerning challenges, successes, and general information with accounts, people and processes.
- Four-year degree, preferably in transportation and logistics, and/or relevant experience in transportation or related field.
- Two years’ experience in a 3PL environment preferred.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word and Excel) products.
- Ability to function in a fast-paced work environment and tolerate stress.
- Ability to plan and organize, attention to detail, problem-solving skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to travel up to 20% between assigned offices.
This position offers a competitive base salary.
Related to: Freight, Freight Brokerage, Freight Delivery, Transportation Logistics, Logistics, Transportation, Transportation Brokerage, Trucking, Trucking Brokerage, Truckload Brokerage, Supply Chain, Supply Chain Solutions, 3PL, Third Party Logistics, Shipping, Non-Asset, Non-Asset Brokerage, OTR, Dryvan, Dry Van, Box Trailer, Dry Goods Shipping, Non-Perishable Shipping, Container, Long Haul, Short Haul, Tractor Trailer, Flatbed, flat bed, flat-bed, tie downs, dunnage, conestoga, curtain side, lowboy, tarp, permit loads,Oversized, Over-dimensional, OD, RGN, Removable Gooseneck, Low boy, drop-deck, flat-bed, special permit, track, trace, negotiate rates, cold calling, load coverage, book loads, freight lanes, delivery, carrier procurement, freight operations, pricing, TMS, RFP, carrier relationship development, load boards, freight broker, Manager, Management, Supervisor, Team Lead, Team Management, Middle Management