Carrier Sales Manager
City & State:
Elk Grove Village, IL
Carrier Sales (Brokering/Capacity Management)
Non-Asset (Traditional Brokerage)
Our client's mission is to be the premier coordinator of transportation services, providing secure, high quality and efficient deliveries nationwide. Through their centralized network, they are committed to providing service with value by supporting their customers' business objectives.
Job Type: Full-time
Carrier Sales Manager
This role will be responsible for expanding our client’s carrier network. This role will be responsible for negotiating carrier rates, building relationships, onboarding new carriers, carrier compliance, database tracking, and pairing carriers with the company’s common lanes and shipments among other tasks as assigned.
- Develop clients network and secure new business opportunities.
- Identify new clients and develop tailor made solutions for each of them.
- Maximize capacity of current customer base.
- Maintain close relationships with clients and create field for long term and successful collaboration.
- Analyze client needs and to constantly follow their market share in order to target potential opportunities for business growth.
- Develop plans for retaining of customers through various activities including meetings, phone calls, social gatherings.
- Quote and negotiate prices with carriers/costumers.
- Prepare contracts and record orders.
- Develop a strategy which will lead to successful revenue growth of our company.
- Develop new selling strategies in line with new trends on market and specific needs of customers.
- Monitor competition and recommend new solutions for improvement of service.
- Hire and train employees.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field of study.
- Minimum of 5 years of previous management/leadership experience.
- Previous carrier sales experience.
- Excellent sales and negotiation skills.
- Ability to work cohesively and efficiently on a team.
- Strong verbal and written communication, interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Ability to multi-task and follow through.
- Energetic, detail-oriented and highly motivated.
This position offers a competitive base salary.
Related to: Freight, Freight Brokerage, Freight Delivery, Transportation Logistics, Logistics, Transportation, Transportation Brokerage, Trucking, Trucking Brokerage, Truckload Brokerage, Supply Chain, Supply Chain Solutions, 3PL, Third Party Logistics, Shipping, Non-Asset, Non-Asset Brokerage, OTR, track, trace, negotiate rates, cold calling, load coverage, book loads, freight lanes, delivery, carrier procurement, freight operations, pricing, TMS, RFP, carrier relationship development, load boards, freight broker, TL, Truckload, FTL, Full Truckload